This has to be the worst silicon job I’ve ever seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonG2003

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is a Top Fin 5 gallon retreat tank that I bought at PetSmart. How the manufacturer thought it’d would be a good idea to sell a deformed product is a mystery. The tank is an asymmetrical rectangle mess. Literally, each glass panel was siliconed at a slanted angle. You can see huge air bubbles in the silicon. Tried returning it, but they said it was fine and wouldn’t allow me to return it. Ended up using it, but should I be worried at all? The tank just has shrimp and someone keeps eating my java fern.
View attachment 318449

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 57
If it's that bad you should return it. Bubbles mean weak points in the seal.
Have to ask.... if it was so bad why did you fill it and plant it?

If it's that bad you should return it. Bubbles mean weak points in the seal.
Have to ask.... if it was so bad why did you fill it and plant it?

Yeah, I said above that I tried returning it; the staff said there was nothing wrong with it, so they wouldn’t accept it. I don’t have enough money and I’m saving up money for college. This tank will have to do for the next year or so. I’m just wondering what are the consequences if I leave the tank in it’s current state.

Yeah, I said above that I tried returning it; the staff said there was nothing wrong with it, so they wouldn’t accept it. I don’t have enough money and I’m saving up money for college. This tank will have to do for the next year or so. I’m just wondering what are the consequences if I leave the tank in it’s current state.
Take it back and tell them it leaks period.

Back
Top Bottom