Those of you who have built your stands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
Did you put the plywood all in the same direction all the way around? Maybe sounds a little confusing.

I am asking, If you stood the plywood with the grain in the same direction on the sides as in the front, because its cheaper to use a few little pieces than have to waste a huge piece to cover the whole front. I think it may look cheap with grains going different directions

I didn't use any plywood.....

640x480_Rack_1-300x225.jpg

As to the grain, I would keep it all running the same direction if I was going to stain the wood. If you plan to paint it, depending on the plywood, the grain may not be noticible under paint, so it wouldn't make any difference. There are so many different grades and types of plywood it's hard to give a "one-size-fits-all" type of answer.

Dennis

It would look better with the plywood on the front to go in the same direction as the doors, which means not one big piece. It does mean more careful fitting.

Thanks, I am going to wrap it in plywood, and make a couple doors, just not sure on what type yet. Lowe's had quite a selection. But then it will be staind, so the grain will be seen

Back
Top Bottom