Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not mine, but I see it ripping out of the wall when least expected.

Attachments

• image-1183341767.jpg
    image-1183341767.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 207
That set-up is more than sufficient to support the weight of that tank without issue, provided the brackets are screwed into studs in the wall. I've seen shelfs with brackets like that support the weight of a person. If they are in nothing but the drywall, that is a whole other issue.

That set-up is more than sufficient to support the weight of that tank without issue, provided the brackets are screwed into studs in the wall. I've seen shelfs with brackets like that support the weight of a person. If they are in nothing but the drywall, that is a whole other issue.

A person weighs less than that tank unless they are overweight. That is probably enough but I personally would want more.

A person weighs less than that tank unless they are overweight. That is probably enough but I personally would want more.

How big do you think that tank is? I'm guessing a 10 to 20 gallon tank? A person would have be aweful skinny or very young to weigh less than that tank if it is about that size. I usually estimate a 10 gallon tank around 100 lbs max.

How big do you think that tank is? I'm guessing a 10 to 20 gallon tank? A person would have be aweful skinny or very young to weigh less than that tank if it is about that size. I usually estimate a 10 gallon tank around 100 lbs max.

Iwould never have thought 10. Its too long. I was thinkin 20 or 30.

It's a 90 liter tank, so that's about 200lbs plus! Says it's been up there over 2 years without issues.

Looks like the wood might be slightly warped??. I don't think i'd be brave enough to try it myself. My mate's dad has a similar size tank(100ltr), on a similar type stand for over 25yrs. It's still there!!

I would not be able to sleep at night! If the fixings are long enough perhaps it maybe ok? It looks like a metre tank to me, maybe 150 kgs. The warped look could be barrel distortion on the lens used to take the picture. You would want 4-6 inch fixing into brick with each bracket exceeding total weight of complete system. If you knock one of those outer brackets with a bucket full of water, I hope the owner is wearing steel cap boots or is extremely nimble! Not sure about the chain look or it's wall fixing, that part is definitely wrong. Where is the filter?

I would love to have my tank fitted in to the wall so you can see both side but I don't think my husband would be very happy if I started knocking down walls ( fried green tomatoes haha)

Regardless of the stability, there is no storage for accessories. I would at least paint the supports and plywood black so that everything matches.

Years ago wife took a hammer to some dry wall. Subtle hint for "This wall has got to go".

The tank appears to be 30" long since the brackets appear to be fixed to studs which are on 16" centers. so, total weight about 300lbs. Depending on the size of the fasteners, it may not be even close to it's limit.

Back
Top Bottom