Underwater cement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gzeiger

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The problem: I have some eggs stuck on the glass that I'd like to protect. They are snail eggs, tightly adherent and not readily removable to any sort of refuge. I've had limited success in the past using a dryer washer, which consists of a domed wire mesh attached to a rubber ring, placed over an egg mass to protect it from predators, but this is difficult to attach. The best I had done so far was just to prop it against the side with a stick or wire, but this isn't practical when the eggs are high up on the glass as the present batch are.

I'm hoping there's an easy adhesive compound that would allow me to just stick the washer directly on the glass. It must be nontoxic to fish, obviously, must be applied to a surface already underwater, and must be readily removable after the eggs hatch. Any ideas?

Not sure of an adhesive that would meet all your criteria.
How about two dowels or chopsticks pushed through the wire mesh attached to 4 of the suction cups that hold the air lines to the side of the tank?
I dabbed some silicone on the cup and plastic line holder section of them to keep them together. They kept separating on me and I was always fixing them. Now they stay put. Seem to hold to the glass really well to.

what about putting magnets on some mesh and putting magnets on the other side of glass.

i prefer magnets over adheasive.

-Brad

I must agree with brad, I used my magfloat to hold a mesh breeder net in place.

Back
Top Bottom