Waterproof endcaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pyrobocaj08

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am in the process of building a canopy for my 45G long tank. I would like to do my own lighting to hang inside the canopy and was thinking either t8 lighting or t5 lighting. It's just a freshwater tank planted with low light plants. I've searched everywhere and found nothing on where to find water resistant endcaps for t8 bulbs other than on ebay and even then, I can't even find those right now. I've seen t5 a couple places but would rather go with the t8's. Any suggestions appreciated :)

I am in the process of building a canopy for my 45G long tank. I would like to do my own lighting to hang inside the canopy and was thinking either t8 lighting or t5 lighting. It's just a freshwater tank planted with low light plants. I've searched everywhere and found nothing on where to find water resistant endcaps for t8 bulbs other than on ebay and even then, I can't even find those right now. I've seen t5 a couple places but would rather go with the t8's. Any suggestions appreciated :)

If it were me I would just buy some water proof leds. With that size tank you could do it pretty cheap. Go on amazon and lookup waterproof led strips. I would get 1 or 2 in 6500K and 1 rgb.

I have seen them for sale in the past. Look a little harder on line at aquarium supply stores. I know I can but them locally.

Checked around a couple hardware stores and my lfs's and still nothing. But I did find a dimmer LED that adjusts from 36"-48" blue and sunlight come in it for 80 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom