What can I use to make a plywood stand waterproof?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jescereal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I can't find a straight answer on this. I'm putting a sheet of plywood over the petco Brooklyn stand to evenly distribute my 29g tanks weight. But I want to make sure the wood will be waterproof.

Most importantly, I'm not looking for a high class finish. I just want to paint it with something cheap that'll make it waterproof.

Any links to brands and recomendations? I've been researching for hours and I still don't have a clue. Someone's response is then contradicted somewhere else.

I have built a couple of canopies and stands for tanks and all I have used is exterior latex paint . Two or three coats . I have used white for the inside of canopies and whatever color for the outside of canopies and stands . The inside of stands I don't worry about cause there should not be that much if any water there...lol but if you want can paint with same paint . I have canopies that are 5 years plus old and still look like new . I just use the cheapest Home Depot paint . I do have one canopy that I stained the outside and painted the inside white . Many combinations , only limit is your imagination . Oh , I paint the inside white to reflect light...lol

Back
Top Bottom