What I have been up to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMorris271

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the stand I have been working on for my 75 gl. A friend helped me get the frame going but had to leave for a family vacation So I got left holding the hammer and driver. Here is a few shot of whats been going on.

stand.jpe

It's bigger than it needs to be to hold a 75 but I don't want to have to build another tank if I want to upgrade. Also, the sumps can hold whatever I want to put in there. :whistle:

maple cabinet.jpg

DSC_1173.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1230.jpg
    DSC_1230.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 92
Progress Maybe

Checking out placement and sizes

DSC_1168.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1230.jpg
    DSC_1230.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_1232.jpg
    DSC_1232.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 108
Yes it is. One of these days anyway. I have been hitting some snags lately with getting the tank moved around to test things out. It's too heavy for me to move now. Ten years ago, I could have moved 2 of them. Happens to everyone unless they die.
During all of this time I am cycling 120 lbs of live and dry rock in 2 barrels with ammonia

DSC_1206.jpg

The reason I had to build this stand I am working on is the dang first stand is too small to hold all off the components I need to put in there. When I bought this first stand included with the tank it also had an Eshopps R100 sump. Way to small for the Reef Octopus NWB 150 I am going to use. I could not get the old R-100 sump into the stand much less the R-300 that I will now be using. The plan is now to use this smaller stand to house the QT's.

DSC_0181.jpg

I hope to be getting all of the things I need to setup this tank. Now I will be eating dinner with my cat. My wife said OUTSIDE.:banghead:

I feel your pain. The sump I have is a bit big for my stand. There is no way to do anything with it unless I tear my 90g tank down and move it first and that isn't worth the effort. I cant even move the sump more than 1/2" in any direction. I ended up putting the stand together and putting the sump in, then setting the whole thing against the wall before mounting the display tank.

Back
Top Bottom