What should I build my stand out of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it is not slate board it is a pressed wood product with resin etc mixed in it. Looks similar to OSB but thicker and smoother (tongue and groove). I discovered it when I build my new house. It was a very large floor plan 11,000 sq ft. that could not be under roof quickly it was going to be exposed to rain and weather for a extended time. So it was shown to me by commercial construction supplier. It is not carried by HD etc. that I have ever seen. I just happen to have about 15 sheets left over and that is why I used it. Works great and supports lots of weight. Lumber yards in your area should carry it. Like I said before, I would not sheet it unless you have a acrylic tank.

I probably will not sheet, but I will seal it. Thanks for all the advise. I can't wait to get started.

I sheeted mine in the wall with regular birch ply and hve gotten it wet many times with a little water with no problems. Plywood is much more resilient than you think. It is also nice to have a shelf at hand level to set things on while your working in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom