What to use for Land.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I'm still struggling with separating the land from the water, everything I have tried has failed. I was in my back garden, sifting through the garage and noticed a lot of wood, red bricks and bathroom tiles. None of these have been used but I was wondering if it would be safe, to use any of these in my crab tank;aquaterrarium. This separating thing is harder than it looks and really driving me mad lol so any help would be appreciated.

Your best bet is to get a piece of glass or acrylic and silicone it into the tank as a dividing wall. You can use a piece of slate or driftwood as a ramp if needed. I'd be careful when using stuff from the garage. There's a pretty good chance of contamination.

I have seen a lot of interesting stuff done with great stuff and egg crate (the white plastic grid looking stuff).

Yeah thats true. The only acrylic I can really find in a DIY store, is about £15 which is quite a lot when your a novice and a girl like myself haha I was just wondering, whether the fizz test applies with rocks for a crab tank. I know these guys need calcium and so I have always thought a high pH would result in high calcium. So basically if a rock fizzes and I plan to use it in my vampire tank, is it safe?

Back
Top Bottom