Where to get 2x65W CF ballast??? Help fast please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been surfing the net for a while now and didn't find anything that said "for two 65W Compact Flourescent".
My ballast in my hood stopped working a day ago and I need light for my poor plants. I have "rented" a light fixture from petsmart, but it's only very low light and...

Please help me to find the ballast :roll: :roll: :roll: :( !

That is exactly what I've ordered and after only 3 hours the lights whent off! When I send it back though I won't have light for a few weeks and all my plants (ca $100 worth) will die 8O !

Besides that I figured they only have a 30 warranty and if the new, probably cheap ballast they'll put in there stops working after 2 month I'm sitting there again :( !

3 hours!!? If that happens to me too it will be "throw-down" time! Well in the meantime you could use a shoplight from Home Depot. They can be pretty cheap.

Tiffi... This is the Fulham Work Horse 5.. it is highly recomended as far as ballasts go and will fire up your 2 CF 65watt bulbs.. :p HTH
http://www.prolighting.com/wo5elba12loc.html

some of the better retro-fit CF kits use this very ballast.. AHSuppy uses a custom made one by this company if Im not mistaking..(made for the amount of power needed for there kits) and at around $26 the price isnt too bad.. :p

another option..
If you have a HD nearby they sell electronic florescent ballasts rated.. 2-F32T8 for about $7-8 a piece.. you would need one for each bulb... this would be a little cheaper but not quite as much power as the Fulham WH5.. but you could just drive or get a ride to HD to pick these up..
you would also need another power cord for the second ballast.. about $4..
If you need help rewiring this give us a post or you can PM or Email me.. HTH

Thank you very, very much greenmaji! I think I'll go with the Work Horse. That way I have a good ballast that might not die on me in a few hours again :lol: !

the silvania ballasts are good.. they are just not as powerfull.. the work horse is a CF ballast though.. the little silvania's have to be overdrivin to do the job..
exellent choice though.. hope you can get it and wire it up in time :p

Back
Top Bottom