Workworking expert, need your help with angle cut.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

little_d

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This project Link inspired me to do something similar for my 240 that I am building a stand for at the moment, unfortunately, the owner of that thread is no longer active.

The only challenge is the angle cut around the flute area, some tips, suggestion from experienced wood workers would be great.

finishedfront35id.jpg

Thanks

It looks like a compound mitre cut at 45 degrees.. If im understanding the cut in question correctly..
If so you would need a compound miter saw, rented or bought, or I think you can do it with a standard miter box set but I think you would have to saw through the molding vertically kinda tough, if Im not mistaking, to do..

If your refereing to the shapely molding pieces then I would say those were door top molding pieces, in other words they were bought that way..

by the way the real wood crown molding like that is very expensive.. they make a foam composite material that looks like it for a much more reasonable price.. I think it has to be painted though so if your going for a stained stand your stuck with buying the real deal..

Back
Top Bottom