Yikes Resealing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys my grandma just purchased a 45 gal hex with light stand and UGF.
We did a leak test and guess what??? There's a leak.:banghead::banghead: My dad will be working on resealing it but we need some tips and advice...PLEASE! He sealed my bubblegum machine and it's still holding. I the Hex tank however...There are two small leaks and they are small but they are kinda constant. I saw on youtube that if you had a leak that you needed to take the aquarium apart. There is absolutely no way we can do that. Can we just reseal all of the inside? Please please help :angel:

Just strip the old silicone where the leak's are. Whatever seam that
is! Should'nt have too take it apart..

But just the inside ? We don't mind resealing all the inside...

You should not have to disassemble the tank. Not sure why someone would completely tear down a tank to reseal. Just remove all the old silicone and reseal the inside. After it cures, leak test it and you should be good to go. Just look up some of the reseal DIYs here on AA and you'll be set.

MrBeta said:
You should not have to disassemble the tank. Not sure why someone would completely tear down a tank to reseal. Just remove all the old silicone and reseal the inside. After it cures, leak test it and you should be good to go. Just look up some of the reseal DIYs here on AA and you'll be set.

Sounds great. Thanks

The only time you would dismantle a tank is if the butt joints, between the glass, were failing. this is fairly rare except in really old tanks.

BillD said:
The only time you would dismantle a tank is if the butt joints, between the glass, were failing. this is fairly rare except in really old tanks.

Oh ok that makes way more sense :) thank u

Back
Top Bottom