Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

***Aquariumplants.com Warning***

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this company. I ordered a Co2 system from them in excess of $300.00 dollars after shipping. I placed the order on the 24th of June. I received an automated order confirmation the same day. I was still waiting for my order after 13 days. I emailed to cancel my order yesterday due to the fact I had heard nothing from them for 2 weeks. I received an immediate response(within 20 minutes of emailing to cancel my order) stating that the order had been delayed and they had sent 2 emails. I received nothing from them aside from the order confirmation and the answer to my cancel request. Basically, telling me tough luck, you're stuck with us. So now, I am apparently to wait 18 days for the product to arrive. I feel this is an unreasonable amount of time and will refuse the shipment. Their customer service has been bad to say the least. A simple apology for the delay and I would have been fine. Beware.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
src
Aquarium Advice Freak

Unfortunately, they may have sent those e-mails even if you never got them. The mail could have been caught by your e-mail host's spam filter. This happens all the time, especially with e-mail from small commercial entities. Just an FYI.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Try contacting them again. I saw in another forum that they have been resetting all emials, new server twice and been in total chaos for a while. Things are supposed to be straightened out now. I am not saying they are a good company, I have no experience with them but thought I would relay the information for use here.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I would agree that contacting them again would be a good idea. I also have had no experience with this company but IMO it is always good to communicate to a company and see if things can be resolved.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Here's their policy:
CANCELLATION POLICY: Equipment orders cancelled will incur a 40% restocking fee + shipping charges. (no exceptions)
Live plant order cancellations are not allowed.
REFUSED SHIPMENT POLICY: Any order refused at the time of delivery with out the permission of doing so, will result in NO refunds or credits.
Refunds are never given on shipping charges. (NO EXCEPTIONS EVER)
By placing an order you, the customer, agree to all these terms and conditions.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for all the advice. I did give them the benefit of the doubt. I emailed them expressing my dissatisfaction. I stated that any reputable retailer would have given me the option to go through with the purchase knowing it would take them 2 weeks alone to process( not including shipping time) the order. I would have most likely gone through with the order had they contacted me. I just don't like being lied to and subjected to unscrupulous business practices. Of course, I never heard back from them.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered live plants from them last Friday, and they arrived without incident on Wednesday. Pretty nice plants, not spectacular, but their ordering/emailing/shipping was very good. I hope this was just a "technical problem"; if I ordered $300 worth of anything and had the issues you've had I'd be a lot more concerned than I was about my $65 worth of plants!

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had a similar experience with Aquarium plants.com (with a $200 co2 Order)
My order was placed a few days before that. To Canada.
My emails were not responded to, but when I called them I got an explanation for the delays. With the issues they were having with the Server changeover, new distribution center, and the lack of readily available equipment that week I gave them the benefit of the doubt also.

When I called to find out the status and express my concern for the delay the following week, Mark I believe, said things were all ready to go. He apologized and shipped out my order with a few freebies.
I was never lied to.. just not informed of the "technical problems" I would be to have, while they tried to fix them. I might order equipment from them again, since the quality/price/shipping price was very good.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

I placed an order in excess of $350 for a co2 system as well and communication is almost non existent. After the initial order I received the automatic email confirming the order. For the next 2 week their website showed my order as pending and no contact was made to me. Then out of the blue 13 days later another E-mail indicated they shipped the Item. I guess patients is what is required here...now hopefully the package arrives.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

All I can say is, assuming you paid with a credit card, if you are truly dissatisfied and speaking with the people at aquariumplants.com does not resolve your dissatisfaction, there is always the option of contacting your credit card company and working things that way.

IMO, any company that delays your order beyond what is normal and then refuses to allow you to cancel the delayed order, WITHOUT PENALTY, is not a company worth dealing with. It's certainly not a company I would do business with.

And it's fine for them to claim they sent e-mails, ask them to forward you those e-mails (complete with all headers so you can check the date and time they were sent). If they can't produce them, then it's your word against theirs, and given the shady-sounding business practices, I'd be much more inclined to believe you. (And I think your credit card company would as well.)
Old 08-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
I can't speak about their dry goods (Co2 equipment and such) but as far as plants go...I've had nothing but good service from them. The plants were all in great condition and arrived on time. Oh I did order Eco Complete from them twice and it shipped out right away...but thats the only dry good I can vouch for.

I'm not sure what their problem in on the CO2 equipment.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com