Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

*Online Livestock Sites The Good and BADDD????

I have dealt with Liveaquaria.com and love there service, Liverocks.com also has exceptional service and quality live rock. I have heard that saltwaterfish.com has some nice stuff and will give them a try next. I also found a site thatfishplace.com having some nice deals. The site that has nice quality stuff aquacon.com is so poor I advise everyone to stay away from this site. Poor pricing you think you have the price right until you see your bill. You have to type exactly what you want size color on the order form and you still end up getting a size up or down. They sell livestock that looks nice on the site but site misleads I ordered the red feather dusters and ended up getting miniature feather dusters about an inch long and a pinhole opening for $15 they claim they are minature dusters check the site let me know if you think thats miniature. My tank is established with beautiful corals inverts the past 3 years and this site gave the worst service ever.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have only ordered from lieaquaria.com and liverocks.com and thats the only ones i will order from,oh and maybe etropicals.com its the sister site to liveaquaria.com but there prices differ ano is usually cheaper than the other..
Old 04-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I live really close to Aquacon and have visited their old store and the new one they moved into in the last year several times and i continue to walk out of there empty handed every single time. Their store is messy, unorganized, the tanks are dirty, the fish appear sluggish and unhappy and unhealthy. The pics on their site must be stock pictures from somewhere else because they surely don't match how the fish really look. I say steer clear from aquacon.com. not worth the risk. poor fish..
yellow tang, coral beauty, pair of perculas, fairy wrasse, diamond gody, banded goby, neon gody, striped cardinal, skunk cleaner shrimp, red serpent star, 2 peppermint shrimp, a couple dozen blue legs, and snails.
gfishguy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I tend to shop around when I'm looking for a new tank inhabitant and I always end up back at LiveAquaria. The selection is usually pretty good and I can't seem to beat their 14 day guarentee. I much prefer to order from them and take my chances with what they send me knowing that if the specimen they send doesn't survive for 14d my money will be refunded. That's WAY more than I can say for the LFS around here. When I shop another site and the price is close I look back to the stay alive guarentee and the other sites are usually only 5 days. Not worth the price difference, IMO, especially on any expensive fish.

The only thing that I find (and it was suggested to me during my first order with them) is to specify that you want to pick your order up at the sorting facility. My deliveries are always after 2 here and I'm usually home with fish in hand by 10:00am if I go there myself to get it. I'd rather do that they have them sit in a truck in unpredictable conditions.

Their customer service has also been very good. They've been very accomodating and have taken care of me well when I've had a problem with something that came in.

I've also ordered from Captive Reefs. Darin has been very helpful (though I know that's not livestock). My rock came from LiveRocks.com and I was thrilled with that too.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I've had great luck with www.liverocks.com and www.saltwaterfish.com to date.

I've also ordered dry goods from Darrin at www.captivereefs.com and www.bigalsonline.com

Tags
live, livestock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com