Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DoctorKewl
Well i will sneak a camera in a take pics and post then for proof and then we can talk all the **** we want.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:42 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I only said what I said for your everyones own good. Just trying to make sure my friends from AA don't get into any trouble.

And DocKewl, I feel for you. I would def. be mad at somebody for giving me info like that. 8O
Old 08-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Well i will sneak a camera in a take pics and post then for proof and then we can talk all the *beep* we want.
DoctorKewl.....Slander is one thing, but pictures can get you into a whole new legal mess and I don't think that Kevin and the rest of the AA Admins would want that for you and for themselves since you are planning to post them here on the forums. You have to remember what-ever gets posted here by whom-ever, is still the responsiblilty of the "owners" of the site, and that be Kevin and his partners. I would strongly advise against posting any pictures like that.

Don't get me wrong, there are ways to do what you want to do but I don't think this is the right place.

Mike
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

If you have to sneak a camera into the store, then no, I do not want the pictures posted on this site. You can post ehm on your own webspace a post links to those pictures, but do not upload them to our server...they will be deleted, or embed them, links only. If, and I do not see why this wouldn't be the case...you ask permission to take photos of the store and the animals in the store, get a signed release, and after providing us with a copy of that release, you can upload them to your gallery or the forum or embed them in a message. Taking pictures on private property is shaky when it comes to displaying them.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:13 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Not all petco's are as you describe. If you have a problem with how they keep their animals then talk to the store manager. If they are unresponsive then talk to the regional manager, etc.

A pet store is only as good as the help they hire. If they are forced to higher young people who have little to no knowlege about what they are selling then you should do them a favor and put an application in to work in their fish area. It should be clear to any manager that if they have someone who knows about the animals in the store they can have higher profits as less die before the sale. For what these places can afford to pay their help its not like they can afford to train people or have employees moved in to run a part of the store. What they end up with are young teens who work at petco to provide spending money.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:34 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Their are good stores and bad stores. It all depends on who is in charge. Alot of places like that don't train very well, and the manager's only care about their bonuses. The petco's in my areas have great tanks, and good prices. I can buy a Koran Angel for 45 there where some places are close to 80. But if their tanks were horrible; I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Maiden's Hair, Calerpa, and Red Kelp macro algae.
X the Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:42 AM   #27
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Just a little update on this PETCO. It's been about 8 months since I originally posted this message and I just made a visit to the store again. The only thing that changed is now they don't have any mushroom corals. The tanks are still the same but the fish used to be loaded with ich and now they seem to be covered with marine velvet. Still lots of dead fish in all the tanks and still a place I wouldn't take a fish from if it was given to me.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

We have a local Petsmart. It's much closer than Big Als, cheaper and the staff by and large are very helpful. I found out that one of the women there was a Vet in Russia and is sitting her exams here in Toronto so that she may be qualified to practice Now that's not bad. Jeff

Tags
petco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com