1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they can come also. :)

Rev, Ya we got some hotels. If you use the zip code 24401 in yahoo you should come up with some. Not sure on who has teh best rates though.

Maybe if you get enough people to volunteer in different locations there could be regional get togethers all over on the same day.

Im wayyyy over here in Idaho however, I WILL be in Williamsburg from Aug. 3 to Aug 11. I cant believe I'm going to miss this by only a couple of days. Oh well. Im moving to that area next year, so maybe next time.

reefrunner69 said:
Maybe a SE US gathering as well, wouldn't you all love to see north FL?

Ummmm. Im from Idaho. The only time I ever get to see the humidity rise above 40 percent is when Im in the shower. Now you want to throw in 90+ degree temps too???? Wow. Im finally going to see the Virginia coast in two weeks. I'll bet I'm going to be crying like a baby from the heat. We're rednecks in Idaho...not fish!

cool Revhtree, If you go is the whole family going with you or just you.I been talking to the wife and she don't seem to excited to drive 8 hours to meet some AA folks 8O something wrong with her I guess :) anyway If I go I may have to drive by myself.

If I can get it to work out I want to try to arrange some tank tours of some local aquarists. They will all be SW tanks. Sorry FW guys.

I am so jealous!! I wish on was on that side of North America!
Devilish--Show your parents the LI AA BBQ thread and explain how a member from Calgary arranged to meet a group from NY and NJ while on LI preparing for her wedding. Then tell them you are "2/3" my sister and I would let my sister go meet this great group :wink:

fish_doc said:
Maybe if you get enough people to volunteer in different locations there could be regional get togethers all over on the same day.

There seem to be a lot of Ohio members. Heck come on over tonight. We are going to kick up a fire in the backyard, cook up some dogs and smores and knock down a few beers!!
We Buckeyes could have the FIRST AA meeting. 8)

If you think it will help I can PM you my phone number and your parents are more than welcome to call and get the scoop.

If your nearing college age you could swing thru a couple of the local colleges on your way down or back as a secondary reason for comming.

Those whom have expressed interest just got an e-mail with my mailing address, phone number and some other preliminary details. Anyone whom didnt get the message who is consitering comming please PM me so I can get you added to the list and send you the e-mail.

Is it ok to bring my little girl?

I am trying to work it out so I can come. If I come somebody has to bring me and justmy2cents some southdown sand. :wink:

What do we need to bring?

Sure you can bring your girl. How little is she BTW? Our 4 month old will be there. ;)

For now just bring yourself and maybe some lawn chairs.

Devilish--Show your parents the LI AA BBQ thread and explain how a member from Calgary arranged to meet a group from NY and NJ while on LI preparing for her wedding. Then tell them you are "2/3" my sister and I would let my sister go meet this great group

Thanks for the advice Menagerie..College visit seems like a good plan...thanks for that Fishfreek. I still don't know what to do..I'm hesitant to mention meeting "online" folks...as you don't my parents...they will definitley be against the idea. In a way...I feel I don't need to tell them....I'm 18!!! And an adult!

LOL, anyways..still thinking. *Goes to look up colleges that are in the area*

Then, I was thinking about just telling them, "I'm off to a lfs in Virginia to look at some stuff for my new SW tank (which is in the process of being set-up, and new things really are needed), and I heard it's really nice Mom..so I'm gonna go and check it out..then, I'm gonna go hang out with Robert (my friend) and we're gonna go to the movies..so, I'll be back later tonight"

...How does that sound?? I think they'll buy it...just the LFS will be three hours away.. :lol:

Check your spam filter cause im fairly certin i put you in the group.

Collges in the area.

James Madison Univ
Bridgewater College
Eastern Mininite Univeristy
Mary Baldwin College
Blue Ridge Community College

Im rather partial to BC. Given thats where im employeed. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom