3 oscars-2 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I feel good lol kept a family from buying 3 baby oscars for a 2 gallon thinking they'd be able to permanently house them in it all the employee had to say as she's grabbing them is " they are aggressive"

are you joking? 3 oscars in a 2 gallon? please tell me this is a joke haha aha hahaaaaa. ha. please?????
well done man. good sir x

There mouths kinda dropped when I was like ya um these fish need a 55 gallon a piece then showed them the full grown electric blue JD like he's gonna get bigger then that haha

Of course pretty Much all there fish r housed in a 10 including there 2 grown. EBJDs together

KonvictKeeper said:
I came to this thread just hoping you weren't asking if it was possible. Thank god.

Ya I kno enough to kno that an Oscar would literally outgrow that tank lol

The husband who didn't seem to happy to even be there walked over and was like thank u so much that'd been a nightmare lol honestly I didn't care about them just couldn't watch 3 baby oscars get sent to a short miserable life like so many do : /

i've noticed that pet supplies plus is good for JUST that.. pet SUPPLIES!! lol

i've been to 2 of them in CT multiple times & other than 1 dude, 1 time, i noticed their staff isn't the most informed (to put it nicely).

i gotta say though, they do have decent prices on equiptment & tanks

Good call!

But I've seen worse. I have seen a lady at Petco suggest you take some of their water (which is horrible, I must say) and use it to "cycle their tank", which was a three gallon and a goldfish in it. Not good.

She also tried to talk me into buying tinfoil barbs.

AND she was talking about how fish only grow to the size of their tank and it doesn't hurt them, "I have two gold algae eaters in my ten gallon and they've been in there three months without problems!" :facepalm:

Ya there great for supplies but information there def slacking... before she called the girl over for the fish I had heard the son pick them and she was like ok now we need an algae eater and was lookin at a common pleco...I mean could u imagine it.. 3 tiger oscars and a pleco in a 2 gallon tank which I'm guessing isnt cycled and doubt they even got a filter...

I just can't stand stuff like that! I was in the PetSmart and ending up talking at least 5 people out of putting big fish in small tanks for example, four FM's in a 10g, two pacus in a 20g, a JD in a 5g, six convicts in a 15g, and a bichir in a 10g with neons.
I just don't go there anymore because I always leave PO.

Ya imo any fish that isn't finished growing should have a reminder on the tank like this fish will grow x amount and needs a certain size tank or atleast train ur employees to inform ppl of proper tank requirements for any fish in the store

ronnieroach said:
i've noticed that pet supplies plus is good for JUST that.. pet SUPPLIES!! lol

I agree every time I go there it's a new nightmare.

7 mos ago - They had a beautiful 5 in calico Oranda covered in ick. He was priced at 60$.

3 months ago all the goldfish had ick.

Last time they had two pearlscales in with some koi. I looked and saw a fish eye floating then saw the koi were picking apart the pearlscales. I had to go get the manager.

Back
Top Bottom