50,000 gal home fish tank {WOW I WANT ONE}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOLY WOW!!! I am really impressed with all he went thru to achieve his dream!
10,000 a week water change!! I can't even image what the cost of that alone is.

It doesn't cost him anything, he also has a 15,000Gallon. He's on well water, and he drains them via swimming pool drains and overflows to ponds in his yard (if they weren't a pond before, they will be when you dump 10,000 gallons of water into a hole). It also says he has over 100 other tanks in his house and he was "removing" 60 or so and still had a lot. His total water changes per week are around 20,000Gal. Very interesting read if you read through the thread.

Also, quite the accomplishment for someone who is paralyzed fron the armpits down.

OMG that is so cool, can you imagine how much concrete ittook to support a tank weighing over 208.25 tons!!!!! not including pumps, rocks, fish, etc. good lord i thought the 4000 gallon tank the dude in charleston wv has was impressive, I admire this guy, I wonder how thick the acryllic is and everything, truely amazing, That would make a truely beautiful saltwater/ reef/ coral setup with sharks and stuff, all i can say is wow i wanna meet this guy and see his tanks lol

hmmm. what would happen if you were captured by fish and given a 15'x15' container under the ocean :). glass and all the fish can stare in on you. fed at the same time every day, oxygen is pumped in.

even with a well you still have to pay the electric bill to pump that much water... i can't even imagine the cost of running the heaters/filters and such. Its a wonderuful idea but i think i would've anchored the driftwood down and worked more on the aquascaping inside the tank. Although he said he was limited to that becuase of his disabilities... he paid to have the tank built.. he could've had someone aquascape it for him proabably.

I don't think id ever want a tank quit that big as part of my house.. LOL.. but im thinking a wall sized tank would be nice... like between a kitchen and living room or something.

Back
Top Bottom