75 Gallon blow out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyderik

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just thought Id share this with you guys... About a week ago I was getting ready for bed, and I heard a funny cracking...tinkling noise. Well I turned on the light just in time to see a large stream of water shooting out of the bottom of my 75 gal fresh water tank :( . What a hell of a mess it made... all the carpet was ruined and had to be removed. My wet/dry vac had a hard time sucking up all the gravel and water from the floor...

Well on a happy note I found 2 55 gal complete setup replacments, 1 has a wooden stand and the other no stand. Im quite happy with them, and only lost 1 fish in the blowup.

Ill just say, I hope nothing like this has to happen to someone else.... what a mess :(

Congrats on finding replacements. I am sure that must have been heartbreaking, not to mention extremely a pain to clean.

OMG!!! That is my greatest fear and the primary reason I carry renters insurance.

What did you do with your fish until you were able to pick up the replacement tanks? I'm also curious what caused the failure.

Back
Top Bottom