A Dream I Had Last Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wary

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is, more-or-less, aquarium related, but didn't seem appropriate for an actual aquarium discussion thread.

Last night I dreamed that I had family visiting. Lots of it. All of the uncles & aunts had descended upon my house, for no discernible reason. Conversation with the family members turned to frustrations I was having with my tank. How I kept losing shrimp, and that I didn't like my background paper.

In the dream I went to bed, and the next (dream)morning I found that through the night my family had built this elaborate filtration/drainage/fresh-water/lighting system, which took up an entire wall of my garage (they had apparently also moved my tank from my studio into the garage). The drainage/fresh-water system was created using the existing plumbing for the washing machine -it took me a while to notice that the washer & dryer were missing.

Upon discovering the fruits of my family's labors I asked it they had also installed a reverse-osmosis/chlorine removal system to the fresh water tap. They bristled at this, feeling that I was being ungrateful. I apologized & shifted the discussion, deciding I would deal with that myself, after they left.

Conversation then turned to the fact that this massive system so dwarfed my 29 gallon tank that the result seemed like a Dada installment. A pea shooter in a cannon fight.

There really wasn't any more to it. No great revelation, or political significance. Just an odd dream that I thought I'd share with some people who might get the humor of it.

Freud would probably be concerned as to why my mother was not in the dream.;)

Back
Top Bottom