A laugh for freshys and saltys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
There has been some talk over the last few months at my job about getting an aquarium (my idea of course). I have been talking with the psycho wife of the owner (aka marketing vice president). Her latest is that in order to get the tank, we are going to need a custom made stand - which is fine. The funny part is this: One of my co-workers overheard us talking about the tank (read: evesdropping) because he is supposedly into aquariums as well. Well, he proceeds to tell me that if the aquarium gets approved, he will set it up so "you never have to clean it". At first I thought he was joking, so I laughed....but people, this guy was dead serious. I started to argue with him, but realized it was no use and a waste of my time...I will deal with him if/when the aquarium gets approved. Can you imagine that though? An aquarium you never have to clean!! If he does have an aquarium, I'd hate to see how dirty it is!!

I know someone who does the same thing.

He only feeds like, twice a week, and only does a waterchange once every 3 months 8O

its a 100+gal tank o_O

on top of that, he runs UGF

Maybe he's got that sonic laser thing like in Finding Nemo.

Or maybe he doesn't even have water in his tank. He can stock it with lots of plastic decorations, and with the lid on he wouldn't even have to dust!

Of course not ReefRaff! I will stand my ground! If this happens, the cabinet in the stand will be locked and I will make sure he does not get a key! :twisted:

maybe he plans on using fake fish and plants......and erm, dry water

I know that kind of tank, it is the kind that you install on your hard drive and it runs on your monitor screen, maintenance free! I think you can get a DVD of them for your TV as well. Yikes...

I sometimes see products advertised in the fishy magazines that claim to be "Gravel Vac in a Bottle," and I just roll my eyes and move on, but I am sure plenty of people are all over that. Kind of like that carrot juice mixture that is marketed as "Exercise in a Bottle." Yeah, right.

Yaksplat - We are a GC Construction Corp....we are using one of our subcontractors...but I will definitly keep you in mind for my stand (sometime within a year).

Deli - I know! I walked back into my office and just started cracking up! I looked at my betta, and I was like, can you believe it! He swam to the left...I think that means no....

Boyoboy, you people are skeptical!

I have a tank that never needs maintenance.
It never needs to be cleaned.
The fish grow their own food.
Not only that, the filter is powered by cold nuclear fusion.
And it looks great standing next to my perpetual motion machine.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I have to go feed my unicorn. :p

I have one too!
................................but I am not the full owner
..............................................................................it's a timeshare
]

..most call it the Sea. :wink:

[center:e91d2ab0bc] 8O Maybe you don't want an office tank 8O [/center:e91d2ab0bc]

Now, if you will all excuse me, I have to go feed my unicorn.
You have one, too?!?!?

(edit: ahhh-Christmasfish beat me to it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom