A little horified!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was with my mom today at a greenhouse, she was lookin at flowers and i was along for the ride. The little old lady that owns it heard me talking about fish. She said " i have a really big shark i am giving away"
Mom- is it a saltwater
Lady- no its a 125g flat back hex, with freshwater fish and the shark is this big ( measures with her hands) ( about 16-18")
ME- is it an iridescent shark?
Lady- yes it is in with a bunch of other fish.

So we go in and i nearly had a heart attack. In this 5' tank and prob 20" at the widdest point is a 17-20" irr shark, x2 6" red fin tin foils, x1 6" bala, x1 7" catfish of some sort, and about 15 yellow labs from 1"-5" .

She asked me if i wanted the irr. I said no prob not because it will grow to the size of the tank. Then i tell her that i will be breeding (or attempting to) extremelly aggressive fish (festae). She says to me that the irr will not bother them or eat the fry, so i told her that im not worried that it would eat the fry, im worried the festae will kill it. She then says that if i get the festae small and geow them up with the irr they will get along. I decided to keep my mouth shut and not tell her how unpredictable festae are. Plus the tank was covered with brown algae and was filterd by one marineland hob.

I dont know what im trying to say. I just needed to tell you guys lol.

Ya it was bad. I dont even know what gill curl looks like and the bala shark looks like it has it. Its gills were all curled back. All the fish looked looked perfectly health, except the bala. I may get the redfin tinfoils if she will sell them.

If you take any fish from there, I would be sure to quarentine them. They are probably stressed and could be suspectable to diseases.

That was heartbreaking. I wish I was there I'd grab some of those fish just to get them out of that situation!

that bala shark is pretty big wow. I have three about that size and get nicked up alot. can you get a pic of him? I'm really curious now

Back
Top Bottom