Addiction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So it has finally happened. As much as I planned to keep my 20 gallon in storage and not set it up again until I move, within a week or two it will be up and running again. Along with a 10 gallon from a wonderful member of this forum. Our spare room is going to be the snail farm now. I have what seems to be a zillion baby mystery snails in my 56 gallon, and they are going to be pulled as they grow into the 20 and the 10 to be grown to size as puffer food and breeders. Some will also be going to my LFS. I may even sell some here! Snails, snails, and more snails! And who knows, I may stick a betta in each tank as well. Because hey, another tank! This will bring me up to six running tanks. I MUST be crazy. My boyfriend called me a mad scientist of fish and snails earlier, because I was overcome with glee at cleaning my tanks and at the prospect of finally having a huge snail population for my puffers. I'm just happy he loves me and my fish, and that he doesn't think I'm insane for having what will make a grand total of 122.5 gallons of water in little glass boxes around the house. At least one (although the smallest) only has plants at the moment.

Anyone else losing the battle against setting up more tanks?

So it has finally happened. As much as I planned to keep my 20 gallon in storage and not set it up again until I move, within a week or two it will be up and running again. Along with a 10 gallon from a wonderful member of this forum. Our spare room is going to be the snail farm now. I have what seems to be a zillion baby mystery snails in my 56 gallon, and they are going to be pulled as they grow into the 20 and the 10 to be grown to size as puffer food and breeders. Some will also be going to my LFS. I may even sell some here! Snails, snails, and more snails! And who knows, I may stick a betta in each tank as well. Because hey, another tank! This will bring me up to six running tanks. I MUST be crazy. My boyfriend called me a mad scientist of fish and snails earlier, because I was overcome with glee at cleaning my tanks and at the prospect of finally having a huge snail population for my puffers. I'm just happy he loves me and my fish, and that he doesn't think I'm insane for having what will make a grand total of 122.5 gallons of water in little glass boxes around the house. At least one (although the smallest) only has plants at the moment.

heheeh...I am an addict too.....I set up my 55 Aug.30 this year, then went out and bought a 40b, then got bf to buy me a 20H, then I went and bought a 5g, and now contemplating a 75+ for my bedroom and my daughter said she wants a 10-20 bowfront and 1-5 for her baby (oh dear I think I am rubbing off on her)...lol....your not alone in this:lol::lol:

Alyxx said:

Hahaa. I totally share this addiction :) this is my living room, I have 4 more in my kitchen with fish and a turtle tank in the kids room :) I just can't stop haha! Here is a snapshot of a text from a friend too lol

Attachments

• image-40291853.jpg
    image-40291853.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image-1138482142.jpg
    image-1138482142.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 141
AndrewsPistol said:
Hahaa. I totally share this addiction :) this is my living room, I have 4 more in my kitchen with fish and a turtle tank in the kids room :) I just can't stop haha! Here is a snapshot of a text from a friend too lol

Looks to me like you've got plenty of room for a center overflow cube tank dead smack in the middle for a 360* view ;)

Mrc8858 said:
Looks to me like you've got plenty of room for a center overflow cube tank dead smack in the middle for a 360* view ;)

Now wouldn't that be amazing?! I think I'm one tank away from a divorce... Lol.

AndrewsPistol said:
Now wouldn't that be amazing?! I think I'm one tank away from a divorce... Lol.

Wasn't the vowel "through sickness and good health"....dang that MTS it can be quite contagious haha

Mrc8858 said:
Wasn't the vowel "through sickness and good health"....dang that MTS it can be quite contagious haha

Hahaaa! Do believe so! He actually reallllly loves the sw tank thankfully :)

AndrewsPistol said:

I wish my living room looked like that! When I have an actual house it probably will, but for now we are renting a trailer and I am not sure the floors could take anything bigger than my 56! At least mine are spread out. I've got the 56 column in the living room, the 5 in the kitchen, the 30 in the dining room, the 1.5 on m bathroom vanity, and the 20 and 10 will be going up in one of the spare bedrooms, henceforth known as the snail room. I've thought about turning the smaller spare room into a complete fish room once we get it cleared out, but I think that would be the last straw for my boyfriend. Not to mention for the landlord. I feel so lucky that my boyfriend indulges my fishy addiction, he even bought me my 30 gallon for my birthday last year. But I do not want to test him with too much at once, haha.

At least I know I'm in good company! Haha, and I remember helping you get your very first tank sorted out a few months ago. We helped create a monster...

Alyxx said:
I wish my living room looked like that! When I have an actual house it probably will, but for now we are renting a trailer and I am not sure the floors could take anything bigger than my 56! At least mine are spread out. I've got the 56 column in the living room, the 5 in the kitchen, the 30 in the dining room, the 1.5 on m bathroom vanity, and the 20 and 10 will be going up in one of the spare bedrooms, henceforth known as the snail room. I've thought about turning the smaller spare room into a complete fish room once we get it cleared out, but I think that would be the last straw for my boyfriend. Not to mention for the landlord. I feel so lucky that my boyfriend indulges my fishy addiction, he even bought me my 30 gallon for my birthday last year. But I do not want to test him with too much at once, haha.

At least I know I'm in good company! Haha, and I remember helping you get your very first tank sorted out a few months ago. We helped create a monster...

We are actually moving soon and there I have my very own fish room :) I have to have 1 of those 150's ready in 30 days! I dread the move with all these fish but it will be awesome after it happens ;) Pretty excited! This forum DOES create monsters lol! I'm actually talking to a guy with a 35g and 45 gallon on a stand one on top of the other for $90! Would be awesome to get that for my fry... My husband is pretty much begging me not to buy them lol.

AndrewsPistol said:
We are actually moving soon and there I have my very own fish room :) I have to have 1 of those 150's ready in 30 days! I dread the move with all these fish but it will be awesome after it happens ;) Pretty excited! This forum DOES create monsters lol! I'm actually talking to a guy with a 35g and 45 gallon on a stand one on top of the other for $90! Would be awesome to get that for my fry... My husband is pretty much begging me not to buy them lol.

With that many tanks you should start doing grow outs tanks and frag tanks so you can make a little money on the side. Then your husband can't say much if it starts to pay for itself lol I'm starting to be able to make $50-$100 every month or two on frags now, got two guys stopping over tomorrow :D

Mrc8858 said:
With that many tanks you should start doing grow outs tanks and frag tanks so you can make a little money on the side. Then your husband can't say much if it starts to pay for itself lol I'm starting to be able to make $50-$100 every month or two on frags now, got two guys stopping over tomorrow :D

I make a little with my fry, just takes a long time to get em to a size where they are worth more monies :) I love taking care of the babies :D I cannot WAIT to play with corals! Idk much about my light or when I can start adding them!!

AndrewsPistol said:

Yeah, moving tanks suuuuuuucks. I had to move with my 20, 30, 5, and 1.5. Thankfully we only moved a mile or so down the road. The friend who helped us thought I was insane. His opinion was that I should put all the fish in the 5 gallon. Riiiight. Something like 15 fish, some saltwater and some fresh, all in one tank. He just didn't want to help move a 30 gallon. Thankfully I hadn't bought my 56 yet. He would have had an aneurysm. My mom wasn't too fond of loading it into her car, though. But she did take me to pick it up. Good thing, too. It barely fit in the back of her SUV, so there's no way it could have fit in my little Neon. In fact, loading the 30 into my car was difficult enough.

And yes, it is nice when the tanks start generating income. I can't wait until some of my fish are mature enough to start breeding. At least the snails can start some sort of cash flow soon, not to mention the reduction of the cost of providing crunchy foods for my puffers. I get most of their food fairly cheap via the seafood section of my grocery store, but having a nice self sustaining free food source will be nice. That's a few dollars less I have to spend on fresh and frozen seafood each month.

It's official. I now have four tanks running. I think this is an all-time record for me, too. I've been able to cap tanks at three, but I guess not anymore! I've got a snails only tank running in the spare room. Just need to get a better air pump for the sponge filter.

(Much to the chagrin of my parents) I will be setting up my third tank in the next couple days :) It will be a supreme red cherry shrimp tank, and I will breed them. Hoping to get some $$$ off of it.

I never even fought the battle! I knew as soon as the first tank cycled 20 years ago. That there would be more tanks.

This is how I justify it. "Just to many fish I want to keep that can't live in the same tank"

Now really...... How can you argue with that logic!! Lol

What?:eek: That's not your living room!:nono: Come on! Admit it:brows:. That's a pic of your local mom and pop LFS(y). NO?:blink:. Really?:huh:

Ever considered opening your own LFS out of your home?

jcolon said:
What?:eek: That's not your living room!:nono: Come on! Admit it:brows:. That's a pic of your local mom and pop LFS(y). NO?:blink:. Really?:huh:

Ever considered opening your own LFS out of your home?

Lol!

The thought has definitely crossed my mind! I live out in the country tho, I don't think I would get much business :( I should take a pic of my kitchen haha, bunch if tanks in there too :)

Hate to be adding to the 'divorce court' drama...but...I'm trying to find a new home for a 22"x22"x48" tank (90 gals) for $200. No stand

Think of it as a new neighborhood for new fishies.

FloridaKeysDiver said:
Hate to be adding to the 'divorce court' drama...but...I'm trying to find a new home for a 22"x22"x48" tank (90 gals) for $200. No stand

Think of it as a new neighborhood for new fishies.

If you lived it Va. Bch VA. You would have 200 dollars. Faster then you could say it.

Back
Top Bottom