Am I horrible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put my sw tank up for sale online. Someone contacted me about buying just the rock and I said sure fine, she was going to come get it this weekend. WELL, I had a man come and look at the tank tonight, and he really wanted the rock, so... I sold it all to him, the tank the rock, everything. He payed me on the spot.
But now I feel super bad because I said the other lady could have just the rock. (she did not pay for it, and I could make the excuse that she was supposed to call me yesterday and she didn't)
How bad of a person does that make me?

Dopn't feel bad about it at all.
I think you were well within your rights since the lady didn't call you yesterday. Did she call you today? Will she ever call you back? Maybe she changed her mind - and she's really under no obligation to inform you, although it would be the courteous thing to do.

Now, had she called you yesterday and you both agreed to complete the sale this weekend, it wouldn't have been nice for you to sell the rocks to someone else. However, you still would have been within your right to sell it to whomever was able to deliver cash on the spot. It's not as if she left you a deposit.

Anybody who has ever bought or sold items via the for-sale ads knows that money talks and snoozers lose.

First come (with cash in hand), first served! Trevor and I messed up at our last yard sale. We promised to hold the couches for a woman who did not leave a deposit and of course did not come back for them. We had to move with them since they are definately not landfill material :eek: Don't feel bad, she didn't call and you have money in hand.

I agree.....first come, first serve. I personally hate messing with things like this (arranging to meet people) so I would be thrilled to be you in this kind of situation.

Thanks guys! I don't feel AS bad now. Although I am afraid to check my email. Yes its all sold and should be out of the house in a week or so. I was just telling my husband how I am not sad at all about it. And that is how I know I am making the right decision. Besides that I am going to use some of the money to get another fw tank :multi: :multi:

Hoooooray, another victory for FW and plants!! Seriously, it's probably just as well that the rock stayed with it's own tank anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom