An interesting idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had this idea... when people sign up for this forum, have them receive a message telling them that chain pet stores usually are not good. It could say to see what advice they give, share it on here, and if the advice is agreed with, then that store can be relied upon. It would hopefully keep new aquarists away from incorrect advice-like glofish in 10 gallon tanks,

I dont think thatd be good, what if someone from a chain store saw that and decided to do somthing?

Haha glofish are the least of my worries, id say commons and oscars are higher on my list

That would be classed as slander and the chain stores could take legal action IMO. Good idea but I think an automated message with cycling information and basic maintenance requirements would be better. Positive info telling them how to do things correctly instead of pointing out incorrect info.

That would be classed as slander and the chain stores could take legal action IMO. Good idea but I think an automated message with cycling information and basic maintenance requirements would be better. Positive info telling them how to do things correctly instead of pointing out incorrect info.
If the stores were actually good, they could prove that wrong... then they wouldn't need to take action. And it wouldn't say that the chains are horrible, it may just say that they tend to not give the best advice.

maxwellag said:
If the stores were actually good, they could prove that wrong... then they wouldn't need to take action. And it wouldn't say that the chains are horrible, it may just say that they tend to not give the best advice.

They would still take action, even against the truth. You could lead them twoards better stores, saying that the family owned businesses are always better blah blah..but not talk bad about the chains.

I too agree that it would not be a good idea. Not all chain stores are the same and if someone didnt tell the truth or did not know from personal experience then they could take action against the site. In light of that this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom