Any rabbit folks around??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We used to have rabbits years ago and my husband has mentioned that he might want to get another one soon. We had french lop earred rabbits last time. I was thinking I'd like to go larger and I've been researching giant flemish rabbits.

Does anyone here have any direct experience with this breed of rabbit?

And NO I'm not looking for a lure for the greyhound!!

I keep dwarf rex. I love the flemmish giants and used to know a breeder. He treated them the same as all his other rabbits. What in particular info are you looking for?

Mainly housing for them.....What kind of housing do they require? Also, general info about personality....they would be handled regularly. What is their temperament like?

One last thing.....have you ever tried to litter box train a rabbit?

He kept his in large wire cages. I would think one would do find in a large rabbit cage or hutch. Normal rabbit cages may be to small so you may have to think about building one yourself. This is what I would do. Thinking back, I'm trying to remember the approximate size of his cages and I'd say they were no less than 4ft sq. and one rabbit per cage. His flemmish were huge and cuddly and being a rabbit farm they didn't get a ton of one on one attention. I fell in love with them but at the time I didn't have the room to keep them. For the most part they were pretty laid back and didn't spook very easy when people were around. Especially the bucks. If I were to have one as a pet, I'd choose a male for sure. Hope this helps.

Wow.....yes, that is helpful. I was going to get a doe....glad that you mentioned that. I wasn't sure just how big of hutch we would have to construct. You know how that goes with guys.....they start out with simple hutch and pretty soon it ends up being a 2 story condo!

There's a breeder about 40 minutes from us. I just wanted to get some basic info before I proceeded any further.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom