Any Techie AA members here? Need Android Tablet Buying Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys... Gotta say I love the AA forum! This off topic section is fun... especially the "zombie" focused thread! :)

Anyway, I'd rather not go off and sign up for a techie forum (which I still might)... I just want to know if there are any of you that have some good input on my first tablet purchase. I've narrowed it down to 2 tablets that have really caught my eye.

The....
Nexus 10 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Without going in to too much detail, both are actually made by Samsung... here are some pros and cons..

Pros for the Nexus 10....
  • 300 DPI resolution (2560-by-1600 pixels)
  • Runs Android Jelly Bean and will be the first to get updates.
  • Better GPU

Cons for the Nexus 10...
  • No expandable memory slot.
  • Jelly Bean and all future OS updates will be in it's "vanilla form" -- meaning no extra features that let's say "touch wiz" gives you.

Pros for Note 10.1
  • Quad-core Processor for multi-tasking
  • Wacom powered stylus for drawing and taking notes, etc.
  • Expandable memory via micro SD slot (16GB on board + 32GB expandable)
  • Polaris office (similar to Microsoft office... I think)

Cons for Note 10.1
  • Poor resolution for a tablet at this price point (1280x800)

So I think it boils down to either MORE FUNCTION & FEATURES with the Note 10.1 (plus expandable memory) versus the amazing 'eye-candy' that the screen on the Nexus can deliver....but I'll be limited to on-board memory... Which would you get and why? Thanks guys!

Its only a 10 inch screen. I would think the resolution would be ok on the samsung. Most desktop screens are twice the size and under twice the resolution.

I don't get the whole tablet craze. Give me a laptop over one any day. I guess the touchscreen is better than those little touch pads but external mouse is the go anyway.

Back
Top Bottom