anyone a doctor?- small update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im getting really concerned. For the last month and a half, the lower half of my body hurts when I wake up in the morning.. and continues to hurt through out the day. At first I thought it was my mattress... but now Ive developed groups of small bumps (im assuming swollen lymph nodes) on the lower parts of my leg. Also, ive been getting horrid charlie horses in my feet more often

I looked up lymph nodes in the legs online.. and they don't give me much information
Im going to the doctor this week.. but ive never ever heard of someone getting swollen lymph nodes on their legs... has anyone else?

~*~~*~* UPDATE*~*~*~*~
I flipped over my mattress and im sleeping so so so so much better. Im not in pain anymore when i wake up. I bought some iron supplements at the store last night.. and im taking my antibiotics... I am on the road to recovery. Thanks so much everyone for all of you concern, suggestions and prayers *big hugs*

Go. To. The. Doctor. NOW.

Legs are nothing to joke with, Many times a clot can form in them...and travel to the lungs...and death follows swiftly after.

They are on my tibia (er, the lower,frontal part of my leg...that bone)

I started drinking slim fast and it has a lot of potassiam and I get a lot of sodium in my diet

I thought it could be the potassium.. but I think im getting enough

go to the doctor i dont want a friend of mine to die from blood clots

get better quik

thanks for the link electrikat... that one doesnt say legs have lymph nodes but some other websites do hmm

Im definatly going to the doctor on Monday, I was just wondering if anyone has known someone with the same problems

I am extremly concerned, this pain has gone on way to long to just shrug off as sleeping weird

thanks

I guess I should also mention I had a HUGE lymph node elsewhere that was there for a long time as well

bah

Hopefully they can give me some medicine to help drain the lymph nodes and that it isn't serious

*worried*

dont be worried
get better

you know the song
*sing* dont worry be happy *stops singing*

Most definitely see your doctor. It doesn't sound like a blood clot, that would usually present as a swollen, tender, or reddened calf. That would not explain pain in both legs, since while not unheard of, it is not too likely to get a blood clot on both sides at the same time. It is impossible to take guesses at what any lump or bump might be without seeing it, and especially without knowing the details of your medical history, your age, etc. Superficial veins can get lumpy with clots or varicosities, but it would be obvious to you that they are veins. There are lymph nodes in all parts of the body, and in the legs enlarged lymph nodes are usually first felt in your groin. Cramps have many causes, as do lumps and bumps, and looking up the many different causes will certainly be scary considering the serious diseases than you will find listed as possibilities. Generally, lumps will fall into three causes: Infectious, Inflammatory, or neoplastic. Best to have a doctor, not the internet medical sites, as your first explanation so that you can narrow down your self education to what is likely, and not all those other problems.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Rx:

Go to the doctor ASAP.
Tell him/her any and all compaints that you have, no matter how inconsequential, minor, or silly they may seem. The more information a doctor has, the better able to make a diagnosis.

Hope it's nothing!

I completely agree with QTOFFER and you should write EVERYTHING down. Don't leave anything out.
I hope the doctor gets you on the path to recovery soon.

Just a quick question, is it true that health care is very expensive in U.S.? I pay around 25$ to see a doctor, how much do you guys pay?

Get well soon liquidphyre!!!

Billsgate said:
Just a quick question, is it true that health care is very expensive in U.S.? I pay around 25$ to see a doctor, how much do you guys pay?

Get well soon liquidphyre!!!

reqular DR visit here in southeastern North Carolina is $150-$200 just to be seen...any tests, meds, or treatments are additional from that.....not to mention cost of drugs...

lyquidphyre....your in our thoughts and prayers....get better...we need your uninterupted advice here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom