Anyone else feeling the heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i3k

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here we go again. Got up to 90 degrees yesterday in some parts of Southern Cali. One of my tanks temp. is up to 82 degrees right now. I turned off the heater yesterday thinking it will drop down to upper 70's overnight...nope...woke up this morning and it's now up to 82 degrees in my 30gal that's in the walk-in closet. My 36 gal is about 15 feet away and it's at 78 degrees. (more space, better air circulation I guess)

I guess I gotta start shopping for a portable A/C now. Our central A/C barely works and does absolutely nothing for the rooms upstairs, so I've been using a portable A/C that finally burned out last summer. Now I'm forced to buy a new one :mad:

Anyone else starting to feel the heat?

I just checked the weather for the next 10 days and it looks like it will drop back down to mid to low 70's in the next 3 days...and there is even a day of rain next Friday...but after that it's all over...triple digits here they come =/

Nice warm weather yesterday. Went up to 82F. Looked at my tank temp and it was in the 80-81F range. Will be warmer today but supposedly cool down over the weekend. Northern California has bipolar weather...I always wondered about this...how do one cool an aquarium down. I don't have a chiller and am not planning on getting one (is that only for SW?)

Also the heater should automatically shut down if it's set at a certain temp right? I have one of mines set at 78F and the other at 79F..Am I right or should I turn off my heaters? I have ML heaters.

They will shut off. It's about 65 here right now. Nevada has weird weather too. I'm just on the other side of tahoe so the mountains make it screwy

It was ~90* last week. This week it's rained/stormed everyday, so it's been a little cooler.

Chilly in East TN after last weeks temperatures were upper 70's up to 80. Now it is doing good to get up to 55.

Back
Top Bottom