Anyone use chlorine/chloramine removers to water their house plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i3k

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since my city uses chloramine to treat our water, I can't just let the water sit out overnight since chloramine does not evaporate. So I was thinking about using a few drops per gallon of stress coat to treat the water for my house plants. I also have PRIME, but it contains hydrosulfite salts. Don't want salt build up in the soil. So does anyone use some kind of chlorine/chloramine remover to treat their water for the plants? Or is there another way of removing chloramine?

Thanks!

I do not know if my municipal water supply uses chloramines or not. I use API Dechlorinator and if you use 3 drops/gallon it will break the chloramine bond.

I would say that using tank water is a great idea. I have only done it a few times, but if you think about it you are also fertilizing the house plants at the same time. Since fish water contains nitrAte, you will be providing a source of nitrogen. The aquarium water also contains other nutrients apart from nitrogen that would benefit the house plants.

I think I see a scientific test coming on!

Back
Top Bottom