API furan 2? Good or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yohance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I was wondering if API furan 2 is a good product and if it can support scaleless fish like Cory cats? Pros and cons

I’m not aware of anything with scaleless fish? Was there something online? I’ve got one note it’s not skin absorbed but would think kidney or some organ failure may be more an issue if a reaction to it (but the bacterial infection worse anyways).

Ime it does a number on plants and we’ve (expensively!) used it to treat BGA algae in a school display cichlid tank.

No there was nothing online about it that was the reason why I asked about scaleless fish but I ended up getting API euthromycyn, I think that’s how you spell it so it is all figured out thx for responding tho appreciate it

That's interesting it attacked plants. Any particular species, such as vallisneria, or was it more generalized?

Maybe it’s something to do with my water as well? Anything noted over there with furan and plants (it’s really rare to use it here).

Mainly stem plants, aponogeton, bolbitis fern got taken out. Last time I dosed it more and lost most plants. It really did a number on the bolbitis which in general I’ve noticed doesn’t like much micro ferts dosing and is a bit temperamental.

The Java fern and Anubias was pretty fine.

Nothing else really different in tank and I think this is the third time now I’ve noticed a die off with furan dosing. Seems weird though - other antibiotics don’t seem such a problem.

Many thanks!, I think the first time it did wipe out all the val which was getting to be a nuisance the way it was spreading. Surprisingly I have no trouble with crypts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom