Aquaria Central?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gena575

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yeah, probably bad form to ask about one site on another...but does anyone know what is going on with Aquaria Central?

Exceeded bandwith for the month again.. I've been there since late November and this is like the 3rd time its happened.

Ugh, frustrating. I was midway through a plant exchange...ah well. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

It'll be back up on April 1st.

For whatever reason their plan only allows for a certain amount of bandwith per month. They get so much traffic that it usually is used up after 3 weeks or so. Bad thing is most of the traffic are guests and not actual registered people.

Poor planning then. It doesn't matter where the traffic comes from, pay the money for the extra bandwidth. Even if they are all guests, 1 million hits looks good to advertisers.
I moderate a forum and if we were down for a week or so every other month, people would probably start going elsewhere...permanently.
Especially if you want to hold the #1 spot. As far as I can tell, JUST based on traffic, they have the largest Aquaria forum on the net. How long will that last (to AA's gain) if they are down all the time?
I'll admit I went there first. It was the first hit in google. Page loads were very slow so I looked around and found this place. Where page loads are quicker.. and once I compared the 2 I found that I like the forum topics setup better here.

Absolutely no offense intended to the owners of AC.

AA.com is on it's own dedicated server and we have no limit on bandwidth, as large as Aquaria Central is, I am completely suprised they are not on their own dedicated server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom