Aquarists - Please unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, see what happens when I am sick and laid up in bed. I like both letters. Hopefully no fashionista will wear something like this and use common sense (common sense and fashionista in the same sentence). When anyone gets a reply please do post it.

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

That is ridiculous!!! I can't believe that they would actually consider that!

but still even if anyone would be stupid enough to buy them they'd complain and the company might go outta buisness.

i know its kinda a bad way of thinking but isnt a couple bettas a small price to pay for the survival for the species.

because if the betta dies then they'll have to take it back and complain and then they'll lose buisness.

krap101: That is simply not the way it will work. The maker of the purse is intentionally not selling the fish. This way they can avoid any responsibility (in their minds) for whether or not the fish survives. If they sell this simply as a "container" then any complaints by their customers will result in their reply along the lines of, "we are not responsible for the fish or how you provide care for it. Our product is simply a container for holding the fish." While, moraly, that position is abhoridly wrong, they have solid legal ground to stand on (IANAL). Holding them responsible for the fish is like holding a pet store responsible for what may happen to keeping a great dane in a training crate 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

I ran into the other thread that referenced this bag. I didn't get past clicking on the link to that site before I was emailing both the site and PETA.. Hey, I didn't know who else to email.

So what is the verdict here? Did anyone find out if anything can be done? Can you have something removed from the shelves with a good report proving it promotes animal cruelty? How about a petition. There has GOT to be something!

That's great tsaraber! Thanks for sharing.

Friend of Animals is a great organization. For those of you that don't know, if you contact them, they will send you a discount coupon to get your pet spayed or neutered at participating vets.

all that came to mind when i seen this was the little girl in the nemo movie that shook the bag nemo was in ! how much shaking bumping the poor fish would go thru ! wish i was a hacker cause i would tag that site and say if ya think this is a good idea then i hope god makes ya smell as bad as that fish will in 1 day or so :)

Imagine the first night the poor thing get's left in the car in the middle of winter. Or it's sitting on the floor and get's stepped on. I know the abuse my purse takes, I'm not about to subject a living creature to that.

Better believe if I ever actually see someone carrying one of these things - well let's just say I'll probably end up with a criminal record. Yeah not very mature but at least it's for a good cause. :evil:

bungle said:
must be aiming for the same person who'll keep them in the little cup lfs insist on selling them in? thats terrible :(

At least your LFS sells them in little cups - I saw a pet shop over here that packed them in **sandwich bags with about one cup of water** 8O and hang them in the merchandise hooks right above the fish hardware!!!!
Now that is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom