Aquarium of the Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just thought I'd share our experience we had yesterday at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California. Our son loves sharks, so for his birthday and my other son's birthday we decided to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific to check out their Shark Lagoon. We had a good time, we bought a years pass and walked right in the pass for the whole family was 105 bucks which isn't bad at all. This is the 3rd time I had been there, they have been open for 5 years and a lot has changed especially for me. Now that we are into the saltwater part of this hobby and all the reading I have done about different fishes it was actually more fasinating now that I know what kinds of fish are what. We also saw some that we hadn't seen before, the garden eels were cool, I could only imagine how deep of a sand bed they would require! Saw the groupers which they had in an aquarium which to me didn't seem big enough for them, but then I saw another in a huge aquarium with other fish and all it did was hover in one place! The shark exhibit was fun, we hit them just as they were feeding the open areas where they had some rays that you could tell where very hungry, they came straight up the side and really freaked a lot of people out, I couldn't get the one where it was straight up the side, but did get it as it was partially coming up.

Hope you enjoy the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom