Bad news for Tanked...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why am i not surprised by this? it's just a matter of time before people take it to the media about the fish tanks and the setups that these idiots make

On top of all the morality issues, the tank looks horrible! Who would pay money for that? If I had tanked come into my place of business and that was the end result, they would be fired.

I'm with you mr_X, it looks pretty horrible. I don't know why they'd put that shark in there of all the possibilities. Oh well, I'm guessing things will go on as they were before this; it's just one small speck of negativity when so many people enjoy watching it.

That's just sad. What's worse is the plans to replace the whitetip and hopefully put the blacktip back in, while leaving the ugly centerpiece that killed the first whitetip shark.

It's really sad that an animal had to die for more people to see how bad some of the aquariums are. I feel bad posting this because I kind of like that show.

This is really sad. They should never have put sharks in there in the first place. There are plenty of other fish they could have used that would have worked out just fine.

I like the show fish tank kings. They have a marine biologist who selects fish for the tank and the inserts are not over the top. I was inspired by that show to make my username for reef central to be fish geek.

I didn't read anything in that article that looks bad to ATM, they are only named as being there to shoot the show tanked. my big question is who puts sharks, even "relatively docile" ones in a restraunt, and then be supprised when it eats a fish (or three), i cant believe a story was even written about this.

also, would it have made a difference if the other shark hit a fake looking reef insert and died, but because it hit a replica of wonder wheel its news worthy?

I didn't read anything in that article that looks bad to ATM, they are only named as being there to shoot the show tanked. my big question is who puts sharks, even "relatively docile" ones in a restraunt, and then be supprised when it eats a fish (or three), i cant believe a story was even written about this.

also, would it have made a difference if the other shark hit a fake looking reef insert and died, but because it hit a replica of wonder wheel its news worthy?

Well, ATM builds the tanks, builds the inserts, fills the tanks, recommends the fish and chooses, transports and introduces the fish to the tank. I remember they had a shark in a tank for a dentist, so they do sharks. They weren't there to film someone else's tank, they were there to film an ATM project.

I've enjoyed the show. I've always given ATM the benefit of the doubt even with the rumors of lots of fish death and tank problems after the cameras were off. These kinds if tank inserts are their stock in trade. I'll reserve judgement until or unless I know more details, but it would be really strange if ATM were there to film a non ATM project.

I feel sad for the fish and the people who had to witness it. Talk about a really bad stocking plan.

Fish tank kings is a lot better :) I actually saw one where they done a living reef instead of the crummy inserts they were so against it but it was totally worth it :)

that's shocking a shark eating other fish who would ever think that would have happened.....:angel:

I worry about buying a $40 discus, I can't imagine spending $4k on a fish.

Just googled Fish Tank Kings, didn't even know about that show, got it set to record. Thanks for the info.

The final views of the tanks ATM creates are always neat to see, although I admit to cringing a little on behalf of the fish at times. I personally would like to see more details about the actual setup, but don't really expect it, understanding the show's a vehicle for ATM...

Back
Top Bottom