Best experience in fish petstore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge Bob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK I'll start off....Big Als...It has to be the BEST store ever. I went to it today for the first time and started walking around when I got into the fish section there was a custom 2000 gallon tank that caught my eye. MAN it has to be the best tank I ever saw. They had a GREAT looking shark in there and something that looks like a HUGE green eel (Or at least I think it was) It was at least 5-6 foot long. The best thing in there was this HUGE fish and I really REALLY mean huge it was the size of 2 baby put together! I'll try to take pictures of it next time. This has to be my best experience inside a fish store in all the 13 years of my life. :D

What was your best experience?

Well there was this time I went to the wholesalers and was buying SW fish for the store. I had bought a Navarchus Angel for the store (wholesaled for 55.00) and was finishing up and I mentionede to the owner how much I liked these angels but could not justify spending the money one one at that time....and he gave me one of the other navarchus. That was a pretty good day. :mrgreen:

I once got three free frags, and a coupon just came in the mail for 30 percent off anything.

I went to a LFS. They refused to sell me a heater almost, since I said I was going to use it in a acrylic 2G tank. This is almost a 100% fire hazard. Appreciate their Honesty. I verfied this by trying to by the same product at another LFS. The 2 stores are:
(1) Aqua Tropicale in Montreal and
(2) Nature Pet Center in Montreal

Just bought a beautiful Kenya tree today, they wanted $69.00 for it but with the other purchases I made that week they sold it to me for $30.00. With the extra money I bought some more dry goods I had wanted from them so in a sense they got there money anyway. So maybe not such a good deal.

By selling a $69 item for $30/- they gaveup a $39 profit. The items you purchased for $30 carries only a small percentage of profit for them, most of it being the cost price. Hence, they still gave you a very good deal.

I bought some compact flourescent bulbs, a power head, and some gravel from an lfs. I got home and saw that the girl didn't charge me for the bulbs. I'm an honest guy, so I went back the next day and told them about it. The man I spoke to was the owner. He said that he appreciated my honesty and that he'd seen me in there quite a few times. He let the transaction stand as is and gave me the bulbs for free. He then told me that he'd been trying to monitor her, because she made so many mistakes and that she would now be "let go" for this latest mishap. Bad day for her = good day for me :D . That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom