Best fish to breed for profit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrpb1999

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What's the best Fish to breed for profit?
Im willing to spend a couple hundred $ to get started into breeding getting the supplies and such. The size of the Tank doesn't really matter to me not just to huge.

I can ship or sell to local pet stores.

Please Give me advice on the Best fish to sell for profit with you're experiences also the tank size and what they need to be taken care of.

Thanks Henry.

GBRs. .. never a shortage and unfortunately repeat customers are frequent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Morphs of clownfish, show bettas, any rare morph of any fish. Guppies would be easy and there's some expensive morphs.

Discus seem to sell for a premium. They are definitely harder to breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The best fish to breed for profit are any fish you can raise quickly and can sell in quantity OR very highly priced fish that don't spawn often or require a lot of tankspace for growing.
The best way is to find some local shops or wholesalers and ask them what they are willing to buy from you and how frequently they will buy them.
I'm currently setting up a hatchery for Freshwater Angelfish. You can see what I am doing in my thread " Wigglers 2: Birth of a hatchery "
But as jetajockey said, if you don't really like the fish you are breeding, it's very easy to become soured on the experience.

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom