Can someone help ASAP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jblkfishfantasy

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410374146.452088.jpg I've got 4 guppys and 3 of them have constantly ganged up on one of them for 2 days straight and I don't want it to give up and die what should I do? They are males and I have 2 females in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like you have 3 males and one female, you'll need to switch that ratio right around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a shame the man who sold me the fish didn't inform me of this

But it's the male getting bullied nothing to do with the females?

I'm not positive but I thought males had the longer tails and finnage, maybe im wrong and you have 3 psycho females and one sorry male..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You said you have 4 guppies, but the 3 in the picture look to be males. So you have 3 males & 1 female. It's supposed to be the other way around, 3 females 1 male, etc.

Females are usually the bigger ones, and sometimes when you got that behaviour it's the males chasing the girls

I agree- you need to add more females or trade 2 males for females

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the 3 males were picking on the other male (which happened to be the biggest male) so I took the 2 main bully's back and now have 2 females and 2 males and they are all fine now :)

The females weren't involved in the fighting at all, sorry for the mix up

:)

Good good. Some males are super aggressive others aren't. My lyre tail doesn't even act like a male half the time.

Lol you never know what will happen I guess...

Back
Top Bottom