Can someone please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lbjm02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking for the name of this fish. He is freshwater and about a 1 1/2 inches? Please if any know his name, let me know. Thank you

Attachments

• 1D7F7FBA-9804-4AB8-9F28-1E7648529E73.jpg
    1D7F7FBA-9804-4AB8-9F28-1E7648529E73.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 281F0E95-BACD-4EA1-82DB-CFFCB5DDE63D.jpg
    281F0E95-BACD-4EA1-82DB-CFFCB5DDE63D.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 37
It is likely Nothobranchius guentheri.
Killifish from East Africa.
This is the color you would need to breed. Do you have females for this?
Small basin, 6 cm peat fibers on the bottom. They dig in while spawning. Win the Grains!
The lifespan of the parents is only less than a year. Because of the dry season.
imm-032.jpg

Looks like a Nothobranchius Orthonotus, these bad boys come from the riftlakes of East Africa

Small basin, 6 cm peat fibers on the bottom. They dig in while spawning. Win the Grains!
The lifespan of the parents is only less than a year. Because of the dry season.
imm-032.jpg

I disagree, definitely moreso resembling Nothobranchius Orthonotus also from EA with the spotted body

imm-032.jpg

However, the spotted banding has me stumped. Maybe you’re right maybe I am, maybe neither of us are. I’m very new to aquatic taxonomy

imm-032.jpg

Only thing throwing me off is, I have never seen guentheri with such defined spots and stripes before.

Only thing throwing me off is, I have never seen guentheri with such defined spots and stripes before.
I am delighted that someone is dealing with these beautiful fish.
Look at the link.
For a few years we had three species in the region: Guentheri, Rachovi and Palmquisti.
I bred Guentheri and Rachovi for a while.
It's problematic. The transition to the new breeder. It has to be done quickly. The lifespan is short and when there is a splendid color, must be breeded so that grains can be won again.
Take a few more nice pictures, then it's over.
https://www.google.com/search?q=not...cwQIHHZbCAi4Q_B16BAgUEAE#imgrc=mnRhTyT7K931HM

imm-031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom