Can you id this strange tank dwelling creature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We found this in our new tank....Should we keep it?

I hate my software b/c it makes the pictures so blurry when I try to resize them for this forum.

Attachments

• strange_creature1.jpg
    strange_creature1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 223
  • strange_creature2.jpg
    strange_creature2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 226
  • strange_creature3.jpg
    strange_creature3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 229
Oooooooo...you actually have the rarest of the humanectis vertebreatus species! You are so lucky. Here's what I did when I had mine:

Constant attention must be paid to it...making silly sounds works great!
Daily water changes...a must to prevent rear endus rashichtis

Feedings will probably drive you insane until you get used to it....ROFL!!!

Definitely a keeper! Jchillin is right constant attention must be paid but be sure to provide yourself with adequate breaks or this species will suck the lifeblood right out of you!

Nice looking speciman! Thanks for sharing.

You may want to put that in your sump or fuge until you find out if it is keeper. I've had one of those a while back, but they grow FAST. Also I wouldn't put anything else in with it, anything that can fit in it's mouth it will try to eat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, I'd return it to the lfs. All it is going to do is drain you of money from the constant feeding and tank maintenance. not to mention in the future you will have to buy a MUCH bigger tank to house it. They like to school so you'll need at least a 300 gal tank. :)

I would release it into the wild, Ive herd they dont do well inthe home aquarium.

Well, after much thought and research I have decided to keep her! :) She is awfully cute and has a lot of personality! I know that I will have to upgrade her living quarters as she is growing fast, but I think it will be worth it! I will keep in mind about limiting her tankmates, but I think she has already developed a symbiotic relationship with the pacifier and it will probably have to stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom