Carey' s 10,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I;m going to bed. It's almost 1 am here. was gonna stay up an retest the alk but I';ll do it in the morning. If only I can sell my tank tomorrow, I;m getting really psyched to start the 90 up. Well, at least to get it plumbed and filled. I'm in way over my head on this one LOL

lol sounds good. lets get that post count higher! here i get excited over my 5 gallon nano and youve got a 90 starting....

Dang. I'm gone 15 minutes and get lost on here. Got hungry mmm jack-in-the-box.
I saw this 175gallon reef ready tank today with stand. Its "only" 2,500.00 dollars :)

Morning guys. :) So sleeepyyyy....but hard at work already. Big maintenance day for the fishies today! lol

I'm glad they moved this to the lounge, now we can be off topic without getting in trouble. :)

I'm trying to figure a way to get that darn stand for the 90g today. I'd have to split it out over a few credit cards though. LOL I really wanna start the plumbing work on it. But again, this IS the weekend and I have alot fo tanks to do today.

ho hum...off to make some water....and test alk and ph. Hopefully my buffering worked last night.

Morning guys. :) So sleeepyyyy....but hard at work already. Big maintenance day for the fishies today! lol

I'm glad they moved this to the lounge, now we can be off topic without getting in trouble. :)

I'm trying to figure a way to get that darn stand for the 90g today. I'd have to split it out over a few credit cards though. LOL I really wanna start the plumbing work on it. But again, this IS the weekend and I have alot fo tanks to do today.

ho hum...off to make some water....and test alk and ph. Hopefully my buffering worked last night.

What do you use to make your water? Thank you

Wow, my alkalinity jumped form like 7.8 to 12! Might have to adjust the buffer solution lol. Ph is still at 7.8 though. Bummer. Figuring it will rise as the day goes on. also hoping a nice large water change will help as well.

I soooo don't feel like pwc's today, could be that its still ealry for me yet. lol

I was strictly a freshie girl myself since the 80's LOL. But the sw side called to me and the rest is history. LOL

Juts means my levels are out of whack from where they are supposed to be.
A huge eater change should help but with a 125g tank thats a lot of water. LOL

I so wanna turn my 10g into a sw tank now!. I painted the back black and with bright light it looks amazing

I had my pico set up with black sand and that looked great.

In my 20L I have cimmunity fish but the back is painted black and I used black sand in there and it really looks awesome to me. makes everything stand out more.

I wanna redo the back of my 40g to pure black. I bought it and it was painted dark grey with white specks.
Do you know how to remove paint on tanks?

I JUST had to remove the painted background off a tank I sold. It took me 3 days of scraping with a razor blade attached to a handle type thing that I got at home depot. If it's latex paint it should come off quite easily, and in big pieces. The one I did was some kind of marine paint or something but only came off in small pieces. It was a tedious project but I got it done.

Good luck with yours! Let us see how it turns out.

carey said:
Wow, my alkalinity jumped form like 7.8 to 12! Might have to adjust the buffer solution lol. Ph is still at 7.8 though. Bummer. Figuring it will rise as the day goes on. also hoping a nice large water change will help as well.

I soooo don't feel like pwc's today, could be that its still ealry for me yet. lol

pH is low in The Am! U should only check it at night right before the lights go out ;)

yeah, i knew that. ;-) Ijust was curious cause the buffer is supposed to raise oh as well. I just checked now and its still 7.8.
:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom