Cat attacking and tried killing my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right, bit of a strange one. I have a cat from down the street harrasing my house, ive found it inside my actually ontop of one of my fish tanks, climbing on the roof in the nifht waiting for my cats and so on.

Its horrible and is now physically attacking my cats. My cat has just got back from the vets where its needed lots of stitches because chunks bitten out of him and afew weeks ago my little ginger boy had his fur ripped out his neck by this cat which left a huge gash bite to his neck, could of killed him!

What do i do?! Ive been planning on getting this cat for months and now its getting worse.

Everytime i get close it runs, i have a bbgun but it will penetrate. I dont want to cause pysical damage but i need to scare the living poo out of this cat .

Suggestions?
Approaching the owner will have bo effect as i cant expect him to keep it inside. And would also alert him to the fact of if his cat came home injured who cased or did it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Spray it with a hose every time it comes near your house... That's pretty aweful.. I hate to say this but if it were me and my cats were being victimized I'd be far less diplomatic in the matter..

Yeah, Spraying it would keep it away and the bb gun won't penetrate unless its pretty high powered. If its pump operated just pump it once or twice and shoot the cat, It won't hurt it bad at all. maybe a little welt.

Spray it with a hose every time it comes near your house... That's pretty aweful.. I hate to say this but if it were me and my cats were being victimized I'd be far less diplomatic in the matter..

Believe me i would shoot it if i knew i could get away with it, i had a chance the other night i heard my cat screaming so i looked out onto my roof to see the fat cats face just poking round the corner like a sly **** The only thing is my street know i shoot in my back yard and im positive it will penetrate. If i could just get hold of it it would never ever come back to my yard.

Im annoyed at my cats for taking it though because theyre not exactly wimps. I have 4 males of my own and thought they might spank the fatcat together.

I keep making excuses, the one that sticks is, how would i feel if someone shot one of mine. Its only doing what comes naturally and it is coming into spring time so he'll be throwing his weight around.

The fact that a bbgun shot will only cause physical pain with little to no relation to why how and where.

If i get another chance i could trap it in my house and terrorise it with a watergun and newspaper. Then leave the room and come back 30mins later for another bash. Once a few hours have gone, it would never return!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd check with your local animal services, especially if this cat is getting in your house! And since your cat was injured, I would get the police involved, just saying.

I agree. Animal shelter or a live trap lol either one would solve your problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've actually seen solutions to this problem on an episode from "cat from hell" on Netflix- the neighbor had to create an area for their cat that he could not breach outside - the cat was under stimulated ,
I'm sure you're already keeping your doors shut but this cat could easily get into screen doors.
I think you'll have to talk to the owner, they should want to fix it on their own Bc pets like that can be removed by home owners associations etc...

IMO bag it, tag it and give to the local animal services alive. keep this up as the cost will give your neighbors a price to keep cat. They will either keep the cat under control or give it up. You also may sue for Vet bills in small claims court. Good luck. I have 4 Jack Russel Terriers that a neighbor hood cat teases. One of these days I may just let one loose to learn that cat it can happen. Then again I think Vet bill$!

Last edited:
ok I had a neighbors dog come and chase my cat to the point she stayed under another neighbors house for 5 weeks and only came out to eat. so I spoke with the owner 2 times and then animal control once and we haven't had any issues since. and defiantly make sure if they don't do anything after the first visit from animal control then get pics and evidence like vet bills and also you have to have proof he was in your house for animal control to do more than just talk to the owner. like a picture of the cat in your house or a video of him terrorizing your cats. that way they can take the cat with a warrant and then you can go to court with your neighbor. but you have to tell your neighbor about the cats behavior give them a chance to fix it and after the second time get animal control involved. and show them pics or video. I have 4 cats myself and if I had to take them to a vet other than a check up and it was due to a neighbors animal that wont fly. I don't think that cat would've made it in my house seeing how I have a protective beagle and Australian cattle dog mix. she helped raised all the cats we have right now so that cat would be dead.

Back
Top Bottom