cell phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMojo

Aquarium Advice Freak
whats a nice cell phone to get under/around 200$ canadian. camera would be nice and no monthly plans. also not a big fan of virgin mobile :p

I'd look into Verizon Wireless prepaid phone plans. You can get some very nice phones with cameras and all the goodies. I don't know what you have available up there, but Verizon is about the best here in the US, according to me, my friends and family, and Consumer Reports. :wink:

I also have Verizon and love it. My dad has been through AT&T, Nextel, Cingular, and now Verizon. And he even admits that Verizon is better than all the other carriers. I just bought the new Samsung Camera phone. Verizon had them on sale about a month ago and I got one for $50 US. Then we got another free phone. I love the Samsungs. But when it comes to cell phones, it's kind of like filters. It's all a matter of choice when it comes to brands. Most are great and everyone picks their fav. Motorola is a great phone, but was not as easy to use as the Samsung.

I have a Samsung as well and love it, and have no trouble with dropped calls or holes in service areas. When we were in the Baltimore Aquarium I was one of the few people who had service inside, FWIW.

I have Verizon too, I've had them since before they were Verizon- about 7 years now. They definitely have the best service areas in the US, not sure about Canada though. I know you don't want to sign a contract, but at least think about the 1 year contract. You get waaaaay better deals on the phones that way, and IMO the prepaid minutes are a total ripoff. I think it ends up costing like 25 cents a minute or something. 8O

LOL...I've had most of them as well...the worst being AT&T, second was Nextel (I'm part of the class action suit for overcharges for fed surcharges...haven't heard a thing for over a year).

In the meantime, I switched over to Verizon and the difference is immeasurable. I haven't "roamed" since I got it and though the guy in the commercials is a little chintzy...I always hear every call crystal clear.

If you are looking for specific models of phones...these things are upgraded so often it'll make your head spin...get the best deal possible. You'll find great deals if you want a flip phone sans the camera. :)

I have a samgung E315 camera phone and it sucks. I just switched over to another carrier and should have tested out the phone before I bought it. You can't hear your converstations because the volume on the receiver is too low even after setting it to the max.

My husband hates it and I am beginning to hate it too. I have had more luck with the cheap phones then the expensive phones.

Just a tip, make sure they take it out and demo the phone to you. Check everything.

thnx guys.

im thinking about the Nokia 3650. got good reviews on electronic sites. its not a flip phone but i love the big screen.

The problem with the phones that don't flip is that you accidentally push the buttons on them, and to avoid that you lock the keys, but then if you have to use the phone in a hurry the keys are locked and you have to punch a code to unlock them. I had one for years and that was my only complaint.

Same here. I have a non-flip phone for my first two cell phones. An Audiovox (becuse it was the cheapest they had) and a Kyrocea (sp). Then switched to a Motorola flip phone and haven't gone back since. I had a problem with calling people by accident all the time. Even if I just put it in my pocket I'd lean up against something and call someone. One day I was grocery shopping and heard something coming from my purse. I didn't pay any attention to it and finally heard likt a muffled screaming. I open my purse and I had dialed one of my friends and they had been on the phone for 10 minutes trying to get my attention. The following week I got the Motorola. :D Plus with a flip phone you feel like you are actually talking into the phone. Does Nokia have a flip phone?

GIMojo:
Check out Rogers wireless, Fido, or Telus if it is in your area. I know that Fido does a pay as you go service with no monthly fees

I have rogers and its pretty good. The phone cost extra to get it as pay as you go but it was worth it. I had bell but i wasnt very happy because you had to have like a nights and weekend plan that cost so much of a hpone card and once you put that on you would have to add another phone card so tyou could use the hpone during the day. I know we dont have verizon in my area but im not sure about in yours. The new much music phones at rogers seem pretty cool but im not sure if they are under 200$.

yeh i dont think canada has verizon. i cant find one.

im thinking of going on the 35$/month 2 phones plan. and go on 2 year contract for the Nokia 6620(which is totally awesome).

i dont really care if its a flip phone or not. i care if the screen is big, and if i can download lots of apps into it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom