Clownfish and Goldfish... in the same tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the person who did that should be fotced to drink gallons of sea water,show them how it feels

I don't understand. I've read all their research and jazz, but I still don't understand what exactly this product does. Or why, really. If you want goldfish and clowns, why not keep them in their intended environment so they're healthy? I don't see the point of forcing something so unnatural on a helpless fish.

What? How? Why? I'm confused.

The way I understood their reasoning... it adds the electrolytes to the water that salt provides. Now, that said, i have absolutely no idea about any of it. I mean, some people are going to hate the idea, but honestly, if the fish have everything they need, and aren't uncomfortable in the process, there's nothing wrong with it. But... I'm not so sure we can prove one way or another. I think it's best that things like this remain ideas rather than experiments.

I'm not really sure how I like that... when I first saw it I cursed a bit. But then I read about GEX.

Still, why not just leave them in the intended purpose water? WHY are humans alwayss trying to advance!

I saw a video on youtube of a guy who had a grouper living in freshwater for like 3 years... I guess whoever he bought it from had acclimated it to freshwater and he didn't even know it was supposed to be marine. Crazy stuff. I'm sure it's bad for the fish. When I first saw this I thought they did something similar... just acclimated both fish to brackish. It's totally possible, but not humane.

I know I'm kinda a newb but they did use live bearers which can stand a higher ph and can be brackish right? Goldfish are noted as the most hardy fish right!? Let's see some GBR... Some cories.... Red cherry Shrimp and clowns together lol I'm mean really. It's a cool idea as long as it's healthy for the fish however God put them in different water for a reason :) lol I actually don't know what to say... Crazy?? Cool? Idk...

That's not cool. It doesn't matter if it can support the fish, either way it's not fair to the fish and should not be sold. Why keep them together when you could just have them in their natural environments? I'd like to see them try to house some otos and chocolate gouramis with achilles tangs and moorish idols, this product is probably a scam.

That's not cool. It doesn't matter if it can support the fish, either way it's not fair to the fish and should not be sold. Why keep them together when you could just have them in their natural environments? I'd like to see them try to house some otos and chocolate gouramis with achilles tangs and moorish idols, this product is probably a scam.
probably,try definitely

That was a very attractive and bright tank, the fish combination were matching perfectly.

I know goldfish (especially the FANCY goldfish types e.g. orandas, lionheads, ranchus, telescope etc..) benefit from a little salt in the water.

Unless this is a brackish setup, I doubt the goldfish could survive will all that salt. They would swell up, because their body is not designed to handle the osmotic pressure.

Back
Top Bottom