Coincidence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got one of those infamous email chain letters about gang initiation and what not- the urban legend about how gang member wanna-bes will drive around with their lights off and the first person to flash their lights at them becomes a target to kill.. and blah blah blah.
The weird thing is in this paragraph:
"Police Depts. across the nation are being warned that September 23rd
and 24th is the "blood" initiation weekend. Their intent is to have all
the new bloods nationwide drive around on Friday and Saturday nights
with their headlights off."

On the 23rd I made a comment along the lines of:
"I wonder why everyone seems to be driving with their headlights off"
because we saw about 3 cars within a matter of minutes with their headlights off. And I believe Stephen said he saw several cars like that as well this weekend.

Like the email that Lori posted... it makes you wonder the validty of these things but at the same time.. Id rather not take any chances.

Thought id share the oddness.

Well, i mean.. im aware that its an urban legend and all.. i just thought it was weird that we noticed several cars doing that driving down a busy residential type street (unaware of the email)

Others got the same spam as you did and thought it would be funny to go around on those days with the lights off.

You should have swerved at them like a drunk driver. They'll turn their lights on, regardless of why they have them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom