Cold water SCUBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone else done any cold water SCUBA? I mean COLD!

I'm doing certification dives this week in Lake Superior (41 degrees) and it is one of the most mentally challenging things I have ever done.

Just interested in seeing if anyone else is as insane as I am.

no, I have only done dives in waters i would say like 60's and above...if I were to get any specialty certification it would have to be wreck diving.

I have done...but I don't like it, and after losing a number of diving acquaintances to weird currents and stuff in lakes, I no longer do lakes.

I was in a 7mil wetsuit, and my body was fine. My face was a different story. Anywhere the hood didn't cover insta-froze.

When I was going on my PADI advance open water dives, it was early spring in upstate new york (Cayuga Lake) and it was around 50F. Even our divemaster was shivering despite her relatively vast experience. The deep dive was hilarious 'cos everyone was blue and giggly by the time we got out. The night dive was a nightmare (no pun intended). I found out I had night blindness:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom