Community Service!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezysquirrelz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this "community service" or "start a business" project at school the other day. It has to do with plants or animals.

I decided I wanted to go to walmart and talk the manager into letting me properly set up their tanks/clean them up.

I'm about to leave for walmart to ask.

I want to add gravel, get dead fish out, clean up, and give suggestions.

I really hope the manager says yes, I'm gonna tell him that by letting me improve, the sales would increase.
:D :D :D

If its a no, I'm gonna find another fish store.

I wouldn't be surprised if they said 'no', just due to some corporate policies. then again wal-mart claims to be big about 'helping the community' so they could just as easily say Yes!

Do keep us informed. I'll be curious to hear what the wal-mart pet dept. employees think is 'proper fish care' ;)

Good Luck Cheezy! I hope they do let you clean up a little bit. Hopefully you'll be able to pass on a little knowledge to them while you're doing it. Tell them why you're putting in gravel and making the changes you are. This is the most valuable part of helping someone, teaching them how to help themselves in the future. :D

However, as some have mentioned, don't be discouraged if they say no. A store manager, especially one that is in the national public eye, has to be very careful about what goes on in their stores. If a manager says no, he may just be "playing it safe" and don't hold it against him or the store. Just then offer some advice, with reasons behind the advice. You never know, they just might listen!

Keep up the good work cheezy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom