Complete guide for Newbies from a Newbie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so here it is. If you are new to this hobby and this forum it can be overwhelming. I thought it would be good to give some advice from a newbie’s perspective. Here goes.

You will never have enough money to do what you want. Get over it.

Whatever you have done so far is wrong. Trust me.

You need to learn to speak and read in acronyms. Things like LFS, LF, LS, ASAP, PDQ, DQ, USPS. Ok so the last 4 don’t really apply here but you never know right? And by the way, LFS which stands for Live Fish Store. Is it really necessary to add the word “Live”. I mean if it were a dead fish store you would call it a supermarket or a sushi bar wouldn’t you?

You will get kicked off this forum if you tell anyone’s spouse how much they spend on this hobby. Any questions, refer back to the first piece of advice.

No matter how good the advice was you just followed, someone will say “Oh my God. Don’t do that!!!!” right after you have done it.

Last and most important, the people on this forum are great.

Ok, so this was the humorous side of it but that is ok. You are going to need a good laugh. Trust Me!

Moved to the lounge.

And... LFS does stand for Local Fish Store. You can find a complete list of acronyms here. If they aren't made up (you'd be amazed how many people just shorten 3 word names down to letters), you can hover over the acronym and it will tell you what it means.

Wow!!!! I just realized something. I graduated from Newbie to "Aquarium Advice Regular". I am moving up in the world. :)

That word Search!! Between New Post ,Quick Links
can find anything you wanna know. Don't even have
too Log On (y)

rdnelson99 said:
Ok, so here it is. If you are new to this hobby and this forum it can be overwhelming. I thought it would be good to give some advice from a newbie’s perspective. Here goes.

You will never have enough money to do what you want. Get over it.

Whatever you have done so far is wrong. Trust me.

You need to learn to speak and read in acronyms. Things like LFS, LF, LS, ASAP, PDQ, DQ, USPS. Ok so the last 4 don’t really apply here but you never know right? And by the way, LFS which stands for Live Fish Store. Is it really necessary to add the word “Live”. I mean if it were a dead fish store you would call it a supermarket or a sushi bar wouldn’t you?

You will get kicked off this forum if you tell anyone’s spouse how much they spend on this hobby. Any questions, refer back to the first piece of advice.

No matter how good the advice was you just followed, someone will say “Oh my God. Don’t do that!!!!” right after you have done it.

Last and most important, the people on this forum are great.

Ok, so this was the humorous side of it but that is ok. You are going to need a good laugh. Trust Me!

Where do I go to ask for help on switching my 25g freshwater to a 66g?

Back
Top Bottom