compulsive, obsessive water testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
:p :p :p When I test the water in my saltwater tank and the testing results are perfect, I leave the little vials on the kitchen counter all day so that everytime I walk past I can smile. How about you aa members. What do you do compulsively, obsessively re: your fish tanks?

i constantly do head counts in my sw tank. lol i also have a tendency to do water testing on all my tanks daily. i have so many OCD things I do I cant even remember them all. :-D

water changes. I often forget to feed (don't hate) for a few days, but I never miss a water change. Sometimes, if I get bored, I do a 50% just because. I gotta stop that though, since I need to wait a whole week to do my water change on my planted tanks.

I used to rearrange my rocks like crazy in my African tank simply because I was bored. It was beneficial for preventing territory dominance, though. I hate doing water changes, but it's not so bad on a 10 gal.

Well, I use a bucket on my 10g which is the only downside. When I did them on my 72g I just sat back and let the python do all the work. Why do you find it easier on the bigger tanks?

because I do just that... run the hose out the door, kick back and browse AA, when it gets half way down, I get up and start filling, kick back and browse AA, try to watch the tank, and either shut off the water when its full or when I hear water hitting the carpet lol

No point on a 10g in my opinion. It would be more of a hassle hooking it up than using a big bucket.

I am compulsive about many things. I can't help it honestly, but I am working on my issues.

I bleach my toilet every other day (used to be everyday but I'm working on that)

I clean the glass in my bathroom daily.

I wash my hands about every 15 minutes (yep, even though I might not be working in a tank)

If I am working on a tank, I wash my hands and arms up to the elbow for 10 minutes then rinse for 10 minutes before sticking my hands in a tank.

If one fish looks a bit off, I run full water tests just in case.

I test water weekly regardless.

I am compulsive about many things. I can't help it honestly, but I am working on my issues.

I bleach my toilet every other day (used to be everyday but I'm working on that)

I clean the glass in my bathroom daily.

I wash my hands about every 15 minutes (yep, even though I might not be working in a tank)

If I am working on a tank, I wash my hands and arms up to the elbow for 10 minutes then rinse for 10 minutes before sticking my hands in a tank.

If one fish looks a bit off, I run full water tests just in case.

I test water weekly regardless.

Check your PM's.. I sent you the number to a good hotline that can help

Back
Top Bottom