Conversations about Tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott F

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is pretty good...girl friend says a tank would look nice in our bedroom about 2 months ago. I took this as a green light to get another so I got my hands on a 75 gal flat back, hexagon jewel tank that was complete with stand and everything but a filter.

SO...today....UPS box with my filter is found. "What's in the box?", she asks.

I say...a DIY IED. She says "no...what is it??" I said, "it's a box" figuring that maybe the topic of conversation would die. But no....

GF: " C'mon...tell me what's in it!"
ME: "Ok. It's a filter."
GF: "Are you getting ANOTHER tank?"
ME: "No."
GF: "Wait....did you buy another tank?"
ME: " It depends on the timeline we're referencing."
GF:" Ok...are you now in possession of another fish tank?"
ME: Yes. ( she still doesn't know about the 55 gal that I have to replace my 45 gal, or the other 20 gal in the garage that I don't know what to do with)

GF: "Well where is it?"
( thank god for detached garages) ME: "It's not in the house."
GF: "Is it in the garage?"
ME: " It might be."
GF: We're running out of room! You're going to end up taking care of all of them, all day, every Saturday, aren't you?"
ME: "No. I'm going to get up a couple hours earlier on Saturday to do it. It's not that hard."

She knows me too well. I should have put the box the filter came in out in the garage until I had the tank cleaned out and the stand in our room.

The good thing...she mentioned it the other day saying how nice our room would be with one, so I'm not in trouble. Although it was nice to hear, " it's your money, from your job, and you should be able to do things that make you happy."

I told her, I do do things that make me happy. Take being with you for instance... needless to say that one sentence was pretty much all it took.

We start cleaning and setting it up tomorrow.

Ohhhhh yes... This is an all too familiar conversation! We must live in the same house and have the same girlfriend! :-D

HA! I'd wager though that this is an all too familiar conversation with many here. But, trying to dodge and deflect the questions, turn them around in another direction while maintaining a straight face was pretty much impossible.

I gave it a good try though.

Back
Top Bottom